Friday, June 30, 2017

Welcome Back Colorado Boys - Day 7 with Cousins

Today we are going to have fun with the cousins.  Splash Kingdom is on the agenda and Jen is meeting us there.  She gets delayed a bit so we have some time to kill and make a stop at the Fort Worth Water Gardens.  I love this place so much.  It's been a few years since the boys have been here and Caleb doesn't remember it at all.  I guess that means it's good idea.

The first couple of times I brought kids here, I constantly worried about them falling in.  It didn't happen so I'm not quite the nervous nellie that I was then.




When those choice moments come up and you can have one on one, I am thrilled.

Raef sat and smiled at me as if to say, "take my picture."  I obliged and then grabbed one of my own as well.  A twofer.

Getting the other two to slow down and get pictures is a bit more challenging, but we manage it on the way back out of the fountain.  (Is this a fountain or just a water feature?)

Onto the second feature.  The mist that comes off this pool is sooooo nice.  I think they all agree as they took seats and just enjoyed it.

It's not very deep and they ask if they can get in, but the rules say no.  It's to just been seen and enjoyed as is.

The third stop is the quiet pool and the weeping wall is the highlight here.  Everyone is soon soaked.  Great -- well with the a/c in the car, it might get chilly on the way to Weatherford.  Goodness.


We only have about 10 minutes left on our parking, so a quick run up the mountain is allowed.  I know -- no climbing, but come on.  It's the only rule I break here.  This is MADE for climbing and everyone does it.  Oh hush -- I don't like that argument either, but it's the best I've got.



One last look back and we are outta here.


Even with our stop, we arrive at Splash Kingdom before Jen so have to wait a bit in the parking lot.  When she arrives, they are off and ready for fun.  I take Caleb around to see what he is tall enough for and he decides that the kids zone is just perfect for right now.  Okay, have fun.

A bit later, I walk over with him and the older boys have found one of the slides.  Next to it is a tube slide and I measure Caleb to make sure he can ride.  Yep, he's good to go and grabs a tube before heading up the path to the top.  Jen didn't see me measure him, grabs a tube and follows him up.  Apparently he tells her he is fine, but she goes along anyway.  At the top the worker asks if he is tall enough and he starts losing his patience and says, "I've already been measured."  Several times in fact.  Jen says she backs off and just lets him go and that is where he stays for quite awhile before checking in with us.



I round everyone up to eat some lunch and take a bit of a break from the sun.

It's pizza or chicken or hot dogs all around, with drinks and cookies to boot.  Most are happy -- some not so much.  Such is life.

After they are released, the tubes near us are given a chance by most.  Caleb is too small so he heads back to the kids zone while the others take turns experiencing the various tubes.




I make a quick walk over to the kid zone to get a few pictures of Caleb as well.  Dang it is hot out here.

Raef decides to try the tube ride that Caleb has been doing all day (and I have no pictures of) and since I'm rounding everyone up to go home, I catch him arriving.


One last race for all -


We've been here 5 hours and that's enough in the sun.  Time to go.  One last group shot of the grands -- woohoo.  7 all together at once.  Nice.


We arrive home to find that Grandpa has made us a cheese board and cocktails for dinner.  How cool is he?

He even tops the dinner off with Cadbury Creme Eggs for all.  At least two of them have not had one before, if not all of them.  One can't remember.  They are so rich that even the boys only eat about half a piece.  Yep, that's how I remember them too.



That's it -- baths and bed tonight.  Time to get rid of the chlorine.  See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment