Saturday, July 18, 2015

Session 4 - Jacob's Turn - Days 5 & 6

After working on LEGOs again today (with Mister too) and by the end of the day, we are finished!  Yes!  What a good feeling that is.  As celebration, Jacob and I go to see Antman.  He has chosen the movie and I am indeed a reluctant guest with him, but guess what?  I LOVE IT!  It's a pretty cool movie and not at all what I expected.  Score one for Jacob converting Gammy.



Here are all the items we have built over the last couple of days:  (no, I'm not formatting this part)









It's our last day together and Jacob has requested to make lemon cookies so we start out with them first thing.

They require making the cookie and then a filling that bakes WITH the cookie instead of being put on after.  This is a totally new recipe for me and I sure hope it turns out okay.


Into the oven they go


He's pretty happy with them and now we are off to look at a new sewing machine that Mister has found.  Maybe I'll even get to make a few Row by Row stops along the way.  Fingers crossed and yes, I feel bad that Jacob is just getting drug along, but we'll make it fun.  In fact, on our way back they stop at Fry's for awhile and just have some boy shopping.  I just can't get into that store so I get dropped off at a nearby thrift shop.

Jacob also wants to get his hair cut so we stop and make that happen as well.  I'm not sure he's happy with it but it's done now.



When Jen arrives, she has Bekah with her and she has just returned from soccer camp in which Mia Hamm has autographed her cleats.  Pretty cool.


We are back to Cane Rosso for dinner as Jacob wants his family to give it a try.  After dinner, everyone leaves to make the drive back to Abilene except Bekah.  It's her turn here.  Thank you, Jacob, for all the amazing help you gave me this year.  I promise to make it up to you next year with more activities.  You are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment