Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Session 4 - Jacob's Turn - Days 1 & 2

I am off to deliver Jon and retrieve Jacob today and since I dropped Mister off at work and have an early start, I'll likely make it most of the way to Abilene before we meet up.  As I get to Eastland, I take a small detour and check out the courthouse.  Another picture for my collection.  Jon is not even aware of my stop.

Jen and I meet up just a bit further down the road and I am making the return trip with a TON of company.  Goodness these boys sleep a lot.

When we get to Fort Worth, I ask if he would like to check out the science museum and receive an answer in the affirmative.  Well okay then -- let's go.  The light room is first and I have to admit that I love this room.  I love the hands on activity and the ability to learn while playing.  Light has always fascinated me and today is not an exception.




I stay with Jacob as he visits each of the different areas of the room.  Such fun.  Pretty good bird huh?


Onto another room


Perhaps a bit of technology.  Yes, even though most of these rooms do not deal with it, there is a place for this type of learning as well.  I like the mix here -- not too much of either side and it keeps their interest level high.  The last stop is to design a skate park and he does a pretty good job.  Since we arrived later in the day, that is all we have time for today.  Thanks goodness for reciprocal memberships.  It's time to pick up Mister, get home for some dinner, and have a quiet evening.  I'm kinda tired from driving -- I know, it makes no sense but happens all the time to me.


Good morning.  Today we are off to the Children's Aquarium.  We arrive fairly early in the day and are able to be in the right place at the right time as we get to the stingrays right as it is feeding time and there isn't anyone else in there.  That means they are paying GOOD attention to Jacob.  Munch, munch.



Love, love, love this picture


Our timing stays right on track as we arrive at the Alligator tank just as they are about to feed here too.  Jacob takes up a post on the floor that will provide him with  a good view.  Lots of kids soon crowd around him, but I tell him to stay put and watch the fun.

Next they are feeding the snapping turtle.  Wow --- we are ON today.



Look at the size of the shrimp that lives with him.  It spends a lot of time cleaning the turtle and finding yummy treats there.

We also see them feed the piranhas and then it is time to make the walk back to the train.  But first, we have time for a little fun around the lagoon.  Now to get home, and relax a bit.  It's been a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment