Monday, July 20, 2015

Bekah's Visit - Days 1, 2, & 3

We discovered last night that Bekah is not all that thrilled to have been brought here without notice.  Ugh.  She is exhausted from camp and wanting some quiet and solitude.  Therefore, I give it to her.  I even set her up in my room with my laptop table/speakers so that she can just veg and watch whatever she wants.  The smile says it all.  At some point in the day, I settle in on the bed for a chat and let her know my idea for this week.  I want to take her to Boston for a few days but want to know if she likes the idea.  She does so we set about getting tickets and looking for a place to stay.

Everything almost derails as it appears Boston is on an all-time hotel rate high for this week.  What the heck?  I start searching some more obscure websites and locate a clipper ship in the harbor that rents out the rooms at night, but you have to be off the ship all day.  After asking Bekah about it, we are good to go.  One room with bunk beds for $50 bucks a night.  Score.  That's pretty much the end of day one except for lots of good talks.  I truly love having her here and wish it was more often.

Day two is more of the same - she is still relaxin' and I'm letting her.  It even includes breakfast in bed.  Now, THAT is truly spoiled.   I have tickets for the drumline show tonight at the local high school.  Since she is a member of drumline, I thought she would enjoy watching these others in their showcase.  First though, we need to be all packed for tomorrow.

It's a warm summer evening, but the show is pretty dang good although crazy packed.  I had an extra ticket so I told Bekah if she sold it before the show, she could keep the money.  Off she went and soon had some extra dollars in her pocket.  Let the show begin.









No comments:

Post a Comment