Friday, November 25, 2022

Postmodern Jukebox Date Night - Dinner and Concert - Majestic Theater

 Several months back, I noticed that Postmodern Jukebox was returning to Dallas with a Christmas show and mentioned to Mister that I would love to go.  Soon after, he sent a calendar item to me that showed we had tickets for tonight.  Swoon.  Now, the evening has arrived and I'm stoked.  This seems like the BEST way to spend Black Friday.  Although the concert is not until 8, we are downtown around 5:30 and enjoying the sights and sounds.  You cannot believe how many birds are in those trees.  Goodness, it sounds like thousands.



Mister has plans for dinner and after a short walk, we arrive at the hotel next to the theater.  It is Toussaint Brasserie inside the Renaissance Saint Elm Hotel.  I'm excited.

It's beautiful inside and we are seated instantly.  I'm starving as I've been super busy all day and didn't really take time to eat.  Bring on the delicacies.  Starting with a drink, I select a Cider Car.  It is made with Calvados, apple cider, Cointreau, and lemon.  It's tart, but very yummy.


When Mister and I treat to a nice night out, we usually share plates and that way we can order three courses.  First up is Alsatain Bacon and Onion Flatbread made with creme fraiche, fromage blanc, bacon, onion, and chive.  I WISH I could tell you how delicious this is, but go try for yourself.  Hands down, the best flatbread I've ever had.


Main tonight is Seared Oro King Salmon with lemon thyme risotto, roasted baby vegetable hash and beurre rouge.  Once again ---- sublime.


To finish things right we have a creme brulee.  This one is strawberry hibiscus with a turbinado crust on top.  Scrumptious.  All in all --- fabulous meal.


Now, for the main event.  Right next door is The Majestic.  It's my first time going to an event here and I'm eager to see it all.  As we enter the building, my eyes are drawn to the ceiling.  Just take a look and notice how beautifully intricate it is.  As I walk closer to the center, I can focus on it without all of the modern day items getting in the way.  My sweetheart reminds me that we are early and I have plenty of time to look around, take pictures, and even  visit the small museum that is downstairs.  I'm so game and follow his lead with the main floor first.  Once I've drank it all of the wonder of the entrance, my eyes move on.


The grand staircase - woah.


A peek into the main floor theater area.


Yep, walking down the aisle for pics - doing the Deb thing.


Beautiful box seat area.



Down and into the basement where the little historic exhibits are.  These are sooooo cool and I'll share a few with you.


You'll have to blow this up to read it better.  Zoom, zoom, zoom.


So much history in this building.  Not all good, but history, still the same.


1921 Y'all.  Over one hundred years.


How cool is this?


Timeline in pictures --- take a peek.



Left half of a longer timeline picture - 

Right side.



More current - 


Loved the little museum, but now we have been instructed to go ALL THE WAY to the top.  Being obedient - we are soon eye level with the chandelier.



Bird's eye view - decent, for sure.


With that, the lights have dimmed and it's time to take our seats - we are not quite this high and head down to the Mezzanine.  Let the fun begin.


I grab a couple of videos but mostly just sit back and enjoy the show.


"You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"






It's been GREAT!  I do so love Post Modern Jukebox and if you've never heard of them, now is the time to Google.  You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment