Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Montana - Mom's Time - Days 10-12

 It turns out that Mom will be hosting Christmas this year so the decision is made to get the house ready.  Yep, it's early but she will be able to enjoy it for a long time (January) and she has lots of help today.  On your mark, get set, let's go.  Boxes everywhere and pretties coming out.  The very last item is the tree and it's been years since I got to decorate a tree with my mom.  I loved it.


TA-DONE!!!


Mister and Bailey are out for the daily walk.


AND - with all the hard work today - pizza is for dinner.  Mister goes into town to pick it up and it's HUGE - but, so good.  Feet up for the evening.


8th -  This morning, my first project is to put a new zipper in mom's jacket.  We picked up a zipper right away in Kalispell, but I didn't like it so I ordered another one from Amazon and it's here.  Time to sew it in and I'm thrilled that it goes easily and fits perfect.  It would have gone better if I had a set of attachment feet up here, but I did okay without that zipper foot.  I also get some parts on a hand project ironed on so that I can stitch while we drive tomorrow.  Yes, unfortunately, our time here has come to an end for a bit and we need to continue south.


Mom's flowers from Jen have really opened up so beautifully.  I love them.


Family stops by to share a bit of time together and say good-byes.



I'm leaving Christmas behind a bit - I wish my house was miraculously done too.

9th - It's a chilly morning, but we are hitting the road.

Even Bailey has figured out that something is changing - doesn't even really want to play.


So much love to Mom and our time together.  


After Mister takes our picture, he comes around for a bit of selfie fun.  



Good-byes are said and we are departing when my love notices that Mom's paper is still at the end of the drive and he, literally, runs it back up to here.  Love to all and we'll see  you in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment