Saturday, December 31, 2022

Jen's Family Visiting

 We have a super full house.  There are big boys laying all over the place and I love the fact that they are all here.  Jen's family arrived last night and we stayed up rather late chatting so this morning they are a bit slow moving.  I'm in the kitchen making scones and frying bacon, but they are all still in dreamland so I move about with my camera.





People do wake and after some breakfast and more visiting, we dress and head out for the day.  First stop is White Rock Lake and my pelicans are out, but quite a distance away and I can't get a good picture.  It's also a mess down here --- needs to be cleaned up from the storms.


The kids are having fun with a biscuit and the resident moochers.


Watch out - here come more.


And more - 


They've drawn quite the crowd.


Down on their level - a bird's eye view so to speak.



Transitioning to the other side of the lake, we stop to see the Monk Parakeets, but none are down low enough for pictures.  They are very busy flying back and forth with nesting material.  The tiny dots on the cross beam are them.


A mockingbird stops by to check us out --- do you see it?


Boys being boys - finding seeds in nature to throw at each other.



After a shopping stop - next fun is at Bishop Cidercade.





First time I've been here and not taken pictures of my scores on games.  I didn't do very well.



When Grandpa gets off work, we meet him at Open Sesame for some Lebanese food as the family wanted to try something new.  Loved it, but not sure all can say that.


Back home - time for some gifts.  We are given these beautiful Cornet Hand-blown glasses.  Simply beautiful.


We get a chance to give gifts too - 



Then - family time working a puzzle - it's a mystery puzzle that Amanda sent us and so we don't have a picture to go by.  This will be interesting.


Grandpa is taking pictures, but he did help a TON.


TA-DONE!!!


I love time with my family --- more than I can express.  My heart is full tonight and ready for a new year.  

The next morning, people sleep in and then are off to the coffee shop with Grandpa.  I have pictures but they are not developed yet so will add them soon.  After that, we feed everyone lunch and they are outta here, heading for New Years activities.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment