Friday, December 9, 2022

Holiday Red Hats

 It's that time of year again --- when Red Hats gather to celebrate the wonderful holiday season.  I look forward to it each year and this year was no different.  I have struggled to attend Red Hat events this past year and hope to get my own schedule a bit more under control next year.  Did I say that last year?  It is entirely possible.  At any rate --- come along with me to share in this event.


To start things off, I have arrived a wee bit early and have time to explore.  The restaurant is at the Galleria Mall and it's always fun to check out the decorations.  This tree is right outside the restaurant --- how pretty.

Making my way down the mall, the "tallest U.S. indoor holiday tree" comes into view.  It sits center mall and is surrounded by an ice skating rink.  I did a post on this once before and it has more information - if ya are interested click on this LINK.

One of the store fronts nearby has the cutest window display - thought I'd share.

Well, I've killed some time and since we are meeting at a restaurant I've never been to, perhaps a peek around it would be fun.  The Grand Lux Cafe has been here for YEARS.  Goodness, how did I miss it?

The decor inside is gorgeous --- check it out.

Doesn't this look comfy?  It really is.  Honest.

Sitting at the table, I notice the tops of the columns.  Very cool.

So - who is here today?  Well, if truth be told, I stole these pics from Queen Cynthia.  She is sharing the spotlight today with Queen for the Day Fonda.

Also in attendance are:  Jana and Sophie

Jackie and Sharon

Billie and Arlene


Vickie and yours truly


To get things started --- it's a Blood Orange Mimosa, followed by Chicken Piccata and Beignets for dessert.  Cheers and YUM!



After a lovely meal and some great conversation, we gather for a group photo (this one is my own - stealing over) and 


say our good-byes until next year.  It was lovely, y'all.  See you in 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment