Sunday, February 2, 2020

Utah - Day 6 - Mairead's Blessing

It is a beautiful Sunday morning in the Salt Lake Valley.  The skies are blue, it's not quite as cold, and we have a blessing taking place.  Everyone is up and dressed bright and early and while the last minute items are being attended to, I grab the girls for a couple of quick picks.  Where are they looking?  Oh, a show that is just more fun than smiling for Gammy.


If I stand in front of the television, perhaps it will work?


I tried for selfies with them both, but Ava opted out rather dramatically.  O it is.


Now to dress Mairead and then we are ready to go.  I take that chore on with glee and grab the camera.  Hey there pretty girl.  Without bow.


With bow.  Cassie did such a beautiful job on both the dress and bow.  Right?


Hey Momma, look here real quick.  Fifty per cent isn't terrible is it?


JP --- will you do a selfie with me?  WOOHOO!!!!!


Out the door we go and walk the two blocks to church.  Settling in, I have Mairead and JP is busily munching next to me.  Are those bubbles?


The blessing goes so well and not a peep out of our star of the day.  Perfect.  She is happily hanging out and on Mom's lap now.


Once home, the race is on to get all the food out for guests and several hours of chatting and playing pass by.  The house gets put back into place and right before naps, I ask if they want a family picture.  Most do.  JP -- not so much.  First one, interesting.


Next one --- nice.  It's a wonderful day here.


Mom and Dad with their precious new one. 


AND, even I managed to have a picture with her.  This part of the day is done and it has been very nice.  Now for some quiet time (I sewed while four slept and Cass and O played Mario Kart) before dinner and baths.  My time here is rapidly coming to an end and a storm is heading our way.  I hope those two don't collide.  O has had school cancelled for tomorrow so we will have one last play day together.  Fun times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment