Saturday, February 15, 2020

Red Hat Valentine - Miss Etta's 95th Birthday

For two months in a row, I am able to attend Red Hats luncheon.  I know that that is coming to an end quickly, but I'm loving it while it lasts.  March is out for me and although I can't locate the email, I think both April and May hit during my retreats as well.  It is what it is.  I'll be pretty clear after that until fall.  Fingers are crossed!!

Anna is in charge of our gathering today and it involves a hat contest and I'm loving the creativity put into these.  I didn't play this year, but others did and they are so fun.  As people gather into the room, plans are being finalized and friendships are being renewed.




Shhhhh, . . .




Our February birthday girls.


Arlene does a hat change for Miss Etta and traditions are upheld while making new memories.



Queen Cynthia has presented a beautiful corsage to Miss Etta in honor of her 95th birthday.


Beautiful woman, beautiful flowers.



Chances to visit are my favorite part of these gatherings.


One birthday girl, Arlene, baking a cake for another birthday girl.  True love and sisterhood.


Time for food and my Hawaiian Chicken Salad looks amazing.


Time to Kazoo -----  I'm so busy taking pictures that I have my kazoo in backwards, making others smile.


Cake presentation ----- It's banana, walnut, chocolate chip.  YUM.


Onto the hat contest and getting everyone to gather around takes a bit of time, BUT this is a great pic.


And the contestants are . . . . .Joan, Billie, Frankie, Vickie. and Sharon.


Three staff members of the restaurant make their decision and Frankie takes first place again this year.



Time is flying by and it's picture time.  Gathering, gathering, gathering.  Hahaha, sometimes it's a challenge.  However, it's all worth it when the picture turns out.  Until next time, enjoy life ladies.  (Jenn missing as she had to leave early.)

No comments:

Post a Comment