Friday, December 22, 2017

Tuba Christmas in the Tunnels

It's been a few years since we attended a Tuba Christmas and I would like to go today.  Driving downtown on a weekday is never on my list so DART it will be.  My sweetheart is working from home today and decides to take a little longer lunch and join me.

It has been raining all day so the concert has been moved into the tunnels downtown.  I have never been down there so this peaks my interest too.  We arrive a bit early and it's a good thing.  Oh my, there is not a lot of room down here and a LOT of tubas.





Looking to the right -- the tunnel is backing up.


Same with the left side though not as much.




It's time to start.


This conductor is just so fun.  His smile never ends and I can see the Christmas spirit just oozing out of every part of his body.  What a happy soul.


Yep - one of two videos in this post


Santa even makes a stop for the kiddos


Each song is played one time through and then the second time the audience sings along.  I LOVE it and the tubas reverberating down here is just dang fun.


The last number is Jingle Bells and oh so fun.  This time, the new conductor includes everyone and the place is just hopping with song.  My heart is indeed happy for having stuck with my decision to attend this year.  Nice.


The best part???  We seriously had a one-minute wait for the train down, walked one block, and as we entered above ground from the tunnels to leave, our train pulled up.  BAM - on the train and back in our area 10 minutes later all for the grand price of $3.50 total for both of us.  We absolutely could not have driven there, parked, and driven back in the time we used and parking alone would have been anywhere from $5.00-$15.00.  One more reason to love the DART.

No comments:

Post a Comment