Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Final Gammy Camp 2019 - Jacob For a Few Days

Well --- where on earth have June and July gone?  I am beginning the last session of Gammy camp for this year.  Crazy sad that Hyrum and Zyra didn't get to come and play again this summer, but so thoroughly enjoyed the 9 I did get so spend time with.  Yes, I know that doesn't add up to 15 but one is off on her own and the youngest 3 have not had a chance to camp with me so far.    At any rate, I have met up with Jen today at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to enjoy the tour and exchange boys.  We don't leave until after 4 and with traffic, well let's just say, it takes awhile to get home.  Leftovers for dinner and a quiet evening.  I am leaving super early in the morning and Grandpa and Jake have the day all to themselves.

26th - The Video Game Museum in Frisco is Jacob's first request and it's perfect for him and Grandpa while I'm on the go.  They finish up with dinner at Jakes - how funny.  In the evening, Mister begins an experiment to create clear ice.




27th - We're going walking, down to the coffee shop, with eyes open, checking nature out.  That started out like a mantra of some sort in my head, complete with tune, but rapidly went off pace.  However, the nature thing is real.  Look at the fun growing on this tree stump.



Oh goodness, this DOES look good today.


We are once again up in the loft and Mister spotted this "graffiti" while here with the Telluride Trio.  It's a joke I want to remember --- thus the photo.


And . . . if ya gotta write --- at least do it pleasantly and with flair.  Right?


Upon returning home, Mister has his "clear ice" back out and is chopping it up.


Low and behold, he has indeed created clear ice.  Very fun.


Now to run some errands for Mom H., which include Costco.  It's also lunch time so two birds with one stone.  I snapped the picture while the boys were topping off their "dogs."


The big plan for today is to see The Avengers: End Game.  However, we have a bit of time to kill still and, thus, a stop at Half Price Books is always good.  Jacob hits the comic section and I settle in with the original Mary Poppins.  I've never read it.  Where is Mister?  No idea.

Movie Time!!!  I have to admit.  It's pretty good - for a comic, super-hero thing.  It's not really my cup of tea, but it was entertaining.  Mister - not a fan, hahaha.  It was a good idea Jacob.  Dinner at Bobo China.  I am so glad we found this spot.



28th - French Toast is on the grill first thing while we toss about ideas for today.  I mention going to Seagoville Trade Days, but Mister reminds me that we have not been to Trader's Village yet.  I'm game.  It it very similar to Seagoville, BUT all walkways are finished, not mud.  The atmosphere is similar and yet different. 

I spot a VR/Motion ride building and peek in.  It's crazy reasonable and soon Jake is merrily on his way to an adventure.

We can't see what he does, BUT we CAN see him.


It's mighty toasty out today and this booth makes my heart happy.


After an hour and a half of wandering the aisles, those frescas are calling.  Big time.  I gotta go find them again.  Yes!!


I should have put my hand up next to this cup, but trust me -- it's huge.  Pina!! Mister's is tamarind and Jacob has limon.


Our view while sipping.  The ride in front of us takes off and a phone goes flying out of someone's pocket, crashing to the ground and shattering.  Bummer.


Ooooh, I spy a spinning wheel.


The heat wins.  We give up and stop at the grocery store to pick up the makings of a yummy steak dinner.  Games and visiting make up the evening.

29th - The decision has been made for Jacob to leave a day early as his mom is on vacation and that is the day that works best for Bekah to pick him up.  That means today is laundry.  Once I have it finished, Jacob and I head off to Nickelrama.  Starting out with pinball, today is just not my day.


Moving on.


It's the first time I've had a bucket of nickels all to myself.  And I spent them??  Wow.  Ice cream follows and then home to Grandpa.  Leftovers for dinner and Sequence for the evening.  (Psst.  I'm red and I won.)


30th -  Letting Jacob sleep in, I have to wake him around 10 so that we can be on the road by 11 to meet his sister.  Off we go.


Not my best shot but I have had a great time with him the past few days.  Please come back again Jacob --- the door is always open for you.  So . . . . . fun moment.  Getting to see and visit with Bekah for even a few minutes is pretty cool.  Love ya girl --- come see your grandmother, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment