Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Raef, Ryan, Caleb - Days 5 and 6

Staying home today is the request - with a caveat.  "Can we go to Nickelrama tonight, with Grandpa?"  Yep, we can do that.  So, what to do today?

The first thing they ask is to watch the third movie of Twilight.  Okay -- we need to be out of the office, so , . . . a set up in the dining room works.  It has the added bonus that I can work on a project at the same time.  Win, win.


After the movie --- COOKIES!!  Ryan is my dedicated helper through the whole dough/frosting making process.  I love this one on one time with him.  So, so great.


Since he helped with the whole process, he gets to cut out his cookies first and apparently one must be square.


Raef and Caleb follow up with their batches of dough.


Let the frosting commence.  I didn't get a picture of Caleb frosting because we were working on it together and no free hands.  It is what it is.


Caleb's cookies -- one is a sandwich, apparently.  Yes, I helped a bit.


Ryan's - notice the square - and he did a sandwich too.


Raef's - spelling the name -- great effect.


Once the mess is cleaned up, we are off to Tony's for dinner and then Nickelrama.





Basketball won Raef's affection and I don't think he moved too far after that.




I even managed to win a free game of pinball.  Yep, love that stuff.


16th - I have tickets for Adventure Landing and it's going to be hot, hot, hot today.  We are off to play and then hide in the house for the afternoon.  First up is mini golf.



And a hole in one response caught..  Perfect.  (Psst, he got another one later and I made two as well.  We rock.)


Next is lazer tag.  I tried to get some pictures, but most didn't turn out.  Sorry Ryan.  We had so much fun!!!  I loved it.  Plus it was indoors.


Our last event is go-karts.  I truly can't remember the last time I drove one of these.  Had to be in Rapid City while Matt was playing soccer --- what is that??  25 years ago at least?  Well, here goes nothing.


That's Ryan ahead of us.  Yes, I'm taking pictures and driving all while Caleb is saying -- speed up, he's beating us.




And that's a wrap for Adventure landing.  I am soooo HOT!  We finish out the day with the last two movies in our series while I cut out parts for my project.  Inside.  Where it's cool.  Until tomorrow -- take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment