Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Raef, Ryan, Caleb - Day 7 and Good-bye

It's our last day and I'm just so sad.  Seriously.  The last time they came to stay it was for 15 days and we were talking about how we needed more.  At any rate, let's make the most of it we possibly can.  They have asked for the Children's Garden and all requests are being granted this week.




It hasn't quite opened yet, so we peek into the Arboretum for a few minutes while we wait.



Do you see the boys?


Okay - in we go.  The first thing I spot is this amazing Pride of Barbados plant.  I want one.  It's a gorgeous flowering fern.  I know, I know -- this isn't why I'm here.  Back to the boys.


A plant building competition (which I aid as much as possible by helping Caleb).


While Raef finds something a wee bit more challenging.


Kaleidoscope fun.


Crazy cool web.


There are Cool Critters all over the place apparently.  A turtle with sunglasses must be photographed, but not a selfie as directed.


A challenge is on to make a fox.  I opt out and see what type of reflection I can make at my station.


Foxes - you'll have to decide which one goes to which grandson.




One more challenge.  Fish this time.  Okay, I'll play too.  Here's mine.  He's a round nose. (Oh -- we all had the exact same pieces to work with.)


I think the boys did GREAT!




Moving on.  What else can we find?  Caleb making a vortex.


Ryan learning to make water jump.  This was pretty cool.


More water fun.



Then wind -


Strength and wind combined


Stop for a beautiful locus. 


Cimbing


More beauty - these trumpet flowers are just so cool.


Me, finding something to do while they play games in the center.  Yep, we had to cool off a bit.



More Cool Critters --- the boys keep pointing them out for me to take pictures.



Water and sand --- always fun.  However, their erosion took place quickly.



Maze time --- always a favorite and today is no different.  I think they go through it front and backwards at least four times -- racing each other.


All right.  I am sufficiently warm.  Let's go somewhere to cool off.  I have surprised the boys with the new Spiderman movie.  Get comfy now.


The movie is fun and good if I have to say a comic book movie can be good.  We are off to get Grandpa, pack up the bags, and figure out dinner.  Bobo China is the dinner choice and then a stop at Sonic for treats.


No matter how much you try and make time slow down, it marches on.  We have packed a ton into today, but time kept moving.  Gotta say good-bye to Grandpa and this is always hard.


The boys and I head through security and they are soon on their way.  Very soon.  It was a bit of a run at the last minute.  I loved having them here and cannot wait to see them again.  Love y'all to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment