Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Rhiana, Elena, Malea Come to Visit - Days 4&5 Arboretum, White Rock Lake, Cousin Time

4th - The girls have requested time at the Children's Garden and I'm happy to oblige.  Since it's Rhiana's first time here, I'm hoping she sees it through a teacher's eye and finds things she can add to her class back in Montana.  Let's go before it gets too hot.




As we are entering, I spot a couple of the Gary Lee Price statues that are new to me.  Aren't these wonderful?


Standing in front of (or technically behind, I guess) the waterfall.  It's as though in front of a window.


The edible garden is first --- check out the size of this bloom on the leeks.  Wow.  Elena's hand for perspective.  Artichokes too ---- I love these so much that I'm thinking they need to be planted at the house but that would mean yard work and it's either me or the mosquitoes in our yard and I'm currently losing.


Teaching the girls about the grains they eat.


As we journey through the maze, I think it's the first time I've actually seen the dragons breathing fire -- err smoke --- err water mist.  No matter what, it feels great.


Play the notes --- I have them trying chopsticks together.


Grapes on the vine


Blackberries getting close to turning black.  I wish they tasted like raspberries at this stage.


Learning about the life cycle of plants.


Yellow Lotus!   I love this time of year.


The best thing about the Children's Garden is the hands-on activities.  For all ages.


Volunteers make the whole experience just that much better.  I've been blessed to have this wonderful gentleman help with grands before as he teaches about erosion.



Gotta show the beauty now and then.



Hello up there ---


Climb to the top girls -


After several HOT hours, we are ready for some A/C and lunch.  Well, at least Rhiana and I are.  The girls appear to be just fine playing outside at the restaurant.



Cheese --


Ahhhh -- Rhiana took this one.  So fun.


Our evening activity is kayaking/paddle boarding on White Rock Lake.  I am a bit uneasy as this is all new to me, but I'm always willing to try.  It's a cloudy evening and that makes both Mister and I happy --- no burning of the skin.



We decide on two double kayaks and one paddle board.  Mister and Malea are the first to board.


Off they go.


Elena and my hair are next.  Hahahaha --- what on earth is that?  Yes, it is crazy humid out today.  I actually have a dress on over my suit.  Why???


Fun on the water.



Rhiana on her paddle board, coming to join the fun.



Camera exchange happening here.  Only one waterproof camera/clip between us but at least we have that one.


And she's up.


The camera exchange didn't work so well for pictures of Elena and I --- drat.  Hey Mister, what is up with that?  We have our rental for an hour and it is the 45 min mark.  Elena wants to give the paddle board a try so in we go to make a switch.


Off she goes.


And she's up --- with Mom and Malea right there encouraging her.  Look close.


It was a great way to end the day.  I absolutely loved it, got totally soaked and will give this a shot again.  Bad part?  Rhiana fell again right before we went back to the car and her back is now screaming again.  Where are the pills?

Day 5 - We have been watching the weather all week and hoping for the storms to play nice and avoid the Weatherford area today.  So far so good and we are on our way to meet up with Jen and the boys for a play day at the water park.  We have left a bit early and have time for a visit to the Water Gardens in Fort Worth.  I love this place so very much.


Photo Ops









Off to the Aereation Pool ---


And a few moments of Zen.  Way to go girls.  Nope, I'm not playing this time.




Peek a boo - at the Quiet Pool




Lunch is Mexican today.  Rhiana asks for Guacamole and the next thing we know --- we've got a table side service.



I ask for half to be without cilantro and this is what we receive.  OH MY GOODNESS.  I am so glad I didn't order anything else as this is enough for me all by itself.  We are going to have way too much food.


It's time!!!  We are off to the waterpark, checked in and ready for fun.  Malea and Elena play at the slides right near the entrance until Jen arrives.





Deciding to set up camp on the other side of the park, soon everyone is off to the obstacle course for matchups.  This used to be the wave pool and I'm not sure about it at first, but they all seem to have a great time.  Jared vs. Elena



Oops --- Elena fell off.


But no worries, just swim in.


Lots of cousin and family time.  Huge thanks to the big boys for hanging with the girls.


Jon vs. Jared --- watch the video, lol.




Jared was such a trooper with Malea.  They hung out a LOT.


Jared and Josh


Waterslides - Elena


And Josh -- these two were often seen together.


Friendly competitions - mom vs. son


She wins.  Jon second.


And Jake takes 3rd.


Josh and Elena




Lazy River time.


Our fun-filled day has come to an end.  The boys are beat, having just been picked up from a 3 day swim camp, and ready to call it quits.  The girls have had enough sun.  Cousin pic.  Great, great memories.


Pho -- it's what's for dinner.  I have no desire to cook or get dressed up.  I'm kind of done in today.  Besides, it sounds and taste delish.



And with that, another day is dust.  Night y'all.  See ya next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment