Sunday, June 9, 2019

Killer Storm

What a great morning!!!  I rearranged furniture in the house to bring in the family heirloom that we picked up yesterday.  It now has a new home in my room.  Mister mowed the yard and we just feel so good about it all.




I have a friend that posts on Facebook that it is raining like crazy in Irving and their power is out.  What the heck?  Mister and I go outside to look and although it is a bit dark north of us, it doesn't look ominous.  I do feel a raindrop though so decide to take a quick shower.

I am not in the shower more than 2 minutes and the power goes out.  Finishing up quickly, I head to the front window and peek outside.  Wrapped in a towel, I grab my phone and go onto the porch just as the winds pick up.  Suddenly -- and I do mean suddenly --- we have a kick butt storm.  I want to repeat that the power went out waaaaay before the storm hit.

A few videos to help the story along (I am already apologizing in case the language on one is unsuitable for all to hear):


Within moments --- we have hail.



Front yard view:


Wow --- along the way I did get a few stills and just so you know, I did get dressed too.




After calls to the power company, it appears that we are in big trouble.  Today is Sunday and they are hoping for Tuesday.  OMG.  Apparently Mister is driving to the office tomorrow.

However, for today --- Mom H is a mess and saying that her apartment is flooding.   She is on the 7th floor?  We weave our way to her place ---- and I mean that with utmost seriousness -- as trees are down all over the city and most traffic lights are not working.  We know now that 1/4 million people will be without power for a few days.  Goodness.

The problem at Mom's is not that bad --- we mop it up quickly and it's mostly due to horizontal rain.


On the way home, a search for a spot with power to charge phones takes place and we wind up at The Stoneleigh.  A beer and some electricity work for us to make it through the night.

This adventure will likely continue --- at least according to the power company.

Let the fun go on.



No comments:

Post a Comment