Saturday, March 23, 2019

4 Rotations - On Rotation Anniversary

Saturday and we are meeting up with Mom for lunch.  Upon our arrival she is heading down to the lunchroom for soup and says she doesn't really feel up to going out.  Mister and I head up to her room to get her meds set up for the week and wait for her.  A few minutes later, the aide comes and says that Mom wants to see me in the dining hall.  Down I go.  She has not ordered, they don't have the soup she wants, and she is unhappy.  I ask her how important it is where she eats the soup.  Let's get out of here and go get some yummy Pho.  Finally, she agrees and off we go.  Yep, it's raining out but we are making an adventure out of it and she is giggling like she has never played in the rain before.  I LOVE it.  We all order the smallest bowls we can and look how big they are.  I think the bowl is bigger than her.  Hope she's hungry.



After our great time out, a return to the apartment and finishing of the med set-up.  Then we are on our way to explore for the day.  I mention that it is On Rotations 4th Anniversary and off we go. 


Yeah.  Starting with a sampler of just a few of the MANY special offerings today.


Then it's a Cafe Au Lait for me --- hahaha, makes me think of a card game I play with the grands.


Meanwhile, Mister has ordered #33 just because of the description.  Ya gotta read it.



At this point, one of the taps has blown and I can see that a coffee porter is up next to be tapped.  I tell Mister I am going to wait patiently for it after letting the staff know I'm excited for it. 


Finally, they get it tapped.  It's called Cold Brew I can't wait.  However, they can't get it to stop foaming and it takes 4 pours to get one glass.  They pull it again.  I am sooooo sad.



BUT, the one glass that they did get, is delivered to me.  Woohoo.  It does not disappoint.  OH wow.  I would have loved to take a crowler or two of this home, but it's not meant to be.  A few minutes later, they bring another small glass over to Mister as well.  Feeling lucky here.

Well, that's about it for tonight.  A fun Saturday with my sweetheart and the chance to try some yummy new adult beverages.  I'll do this each week please.

No comments:

Post a Comment