Sunday, April 15, 2018

Songkran 2018

Before I start this post, I am going to link to some previous ones in which I have gone into MUCH more detail on this festival.  Please take a minute and click on the links -- you will see amazing pictures and some background info.  One of the two is days with kids, so just scroll down until you come to what you are looking for --- I'm sure you're not that interested in my grands -- hahaha.

Songkran 2014
Songkran 2015

Now, onto this weekend.  We have been at the Arboretum this morning and it's so nice outside that continuing with activities makes complete sense.  We use a different entrance onto the property and spot items not seen before.

Our point of entry leads right into the food court and it is packed.  Mister selects his food quickly but it always takes me a bit longer to check everything out.  I am not near as familiar with Thai food as he is.  One thing that catches my eye is this free herbal drink.  With ginger and lemongrass, my mind thinks it will be good.  It is NOT.  I mean, I could drink it if I had to, but not for fun.  Mister doesn't even care for it.




These lovely little "pancake" items have my full attention.  They are like a little crepe covered with a smear of coconut and then topped with either shredded carrot or egg.




I choose one along with some Thai Tea with Boba and mango sticky rice.  Everything is wonderful


A peek into the main room shows them setting up for the afternoon meal and offerings to the monks.

I really went into detail on this in previous posts.

A walk around the grounds is always pleasant.



The flowers are abundant this year, but there isn't a prize booth.  Oh so sad, that was such fun.


On the door to the temple -


This cart will be in the parade later in the day and several women are working hard to decorate it with flowers.


That's it for us today.  We'll be back for another festival and some yummy Thai food.

No comments:

Post a Comment