Saturday, December 27, 2014

Mom H's Bday

Okay I can't stand it anymore.  Mom H is turning 80 tomorrow and I want to do something a little extra for her.  We are supposed to pick her up at 12:45 to meet everyone for lunch at 1:00.  It is now 11:00 and I just got off the phone with the complex she lives in.  They have agreed to tell her friends that we are doing a small party at 2:30.  Now for a run to the store for balloons and a cake.  I am back at the house by 11:45 and we hurry off to the Remington.  We sneak in the back door with the balloons, tablecloth, confetti, and paper products.  I then take the ice cream cake down to the kitchen to hold for us and then we just show up at the front door on time to pick up Mom,  Doesn't the room look awesome?

As we are sneaking up and down her hall, I stop for a quick shot of her doorway.  Have you ever seen such a big stocking, lol?  I love it.

Time for lunch with the family.  Mom chose Mexican and thus Mexican it is.


After lunch, we return to the Remington and convince her that we need more space to have cake and gifts as her apartment is just too small for all of us.  As we enter the main room, her friends give a nice "surprise" and she is.  Yay.  Smiles all around.



I have the cake brought up and doesn't it look wonderful?  Oh yum.


With candles lit, we sing to her and share some fun time.

She takes some time to visit with friends before they leave to give us some family time and the chance to give bestow some gifts upon the matriarch of our little family.




After the party, we remove all the balloons and take them to Mom's apartment.  She will have something to enjoy for a few days until the helium all leaks out.  Happy Birthday Mom -- I hope you had a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment