Sunday, February 16, 2014

Off to Cheyenne - Days 6 - 7


Saturday - Snowed all morning!  Seriously, I told Mister that the forecast was for a "dusting" of snow.  At some points it looked like a blizzard out there.  Mister made eggs and toast for breakfast while I worked away on a quilt top that I wanted to finish.  Once I had that behind me, I called Raef in and we got to work on his pillow.  I brought 4 leftover blocks from making his quilt and the backing with me so his first task is to sew the 4 blocks together.  He does a really great job and we are soon cutting the backing to fit.

Caleb wants to help and holds the fabric in place with one finger while big brother makes the cuts.  Back to the sewing machine we go to attach the front to back.  Raef has an easier time controlling the speed this go round and soon his speed is quite manageable.



Once that is finished, he turns the pillow right side out and works to get his corners pulled out nice before adding "fluff" until he has the desired fullness to his pillow.  It takes all that his mom had on the shelf, but fortunately I have also brought a big bag and after grabbing a good couple of handfuls, he has the amount he needs.

Now to hand sew the opening closed and we have a pillow.  Yay!  Since we were not here when Raef received his quilt, he goes and gets it to have a picture taken.  That rapidly turns into a game of "I Spy" and I win after sending them to look for the horses.  Yep --- woohoo for me.



Now for some shots of Raef and his quilt (and pillow).  He loves it so much and my heart is definitely full.


Wrapped in my love two ways!


Me and my boys!


While I was looking something up on the computer, a picture of President Obama popped up on Facebook and Ryan was standing near me.  He saw it and asked who it was.  Before I could answer, he said, "Is that Obama?"  I said yes and his next comment made me do a double take.  He said, "Oh, I didn't know he was a brown skin."  I told him that technically President Obama is black and is the first black president ever.  He thought for a minute and then said, "I didn't know he was a black skin."  Kids.

Grandpa and the boys did some homework and then three of them went outside to play while Caleb and I napped.  The snow has just finished --- yep, check out this dusting.  The plows have just come through and Mister has found the front walkway.






Boys and snow --- such fun.  The three of them went over to the playground across the street from the house.  Of course - fun can be had here at any time of year.





The next time I peeked out the window (couldn't sleep), I found them busy making a snowman.  Ryan came running into the house in search of a scarf and mittens.



After the snowman is finished, the boys come in for some much needed hot cocoa to warm everyone up.

Caleb wakes and after some time playing, we all get ready to go and meet Rhiana and the girls at the Twin Dragon for some much requested Chinese food.  They boys just can't stop asking for sweet and sour chicken.


Finding things to keep Malea happy is a full-time job for Rhiana.  However, the award for best behaved person during dinner goes to Caleb hands down.  He was a perfect little angel -- I was so impressed.


After a wonderful dinner, we go back over to Rhiana's to decorate cookies and let the cousins play for awhile.  Rhiana and I get things set up and soon the kids join us for some fun.








While we are working on the cookies, Mister calls Rhiana into Elena's bedroom as he smelled something burning.  Turns out that a Barbie was being cooked on the heater.  Time to totally rearrange the bedroom as Elena's bed was pushed up against that very same heater.

The kids settle in once everything is in place and start creating a game to play.  Naturally, it requires costumes and it seems to take a tremendous amount of time deciding on those and the props to go along with them.  Finally, the game is one and they are off and running until it is time for us to go so that Rhiana can get the girls settled down before she has to go to work.  This has been a fun night and everyone play oh so nice together.

Back home for baths and bed, everyone is tired but there is always time for clean boys to have some fun with Grandpa.















Sunday -

Amanda calls and they will not make it home today as Trent is sick.
Breakfast turns into an animal building moment --- how to use Halos for fun and nutrition.















 We do all the laundry and get the boys ready to go bowling, but once we arrive, they do not wish to go.  Gammy is grumpy but we go back home and the boys (including Grandpa) go outside to play.  They build a slide.  How cool is that?





The boys destroy their snowman - in all fairness, it was rapidly melting away -- and bring the scarf and mittens back into the house.  Rhiana comes over late in the afternoon.  She has hired a babysitter for the evening and the kids are going to have a sleepover.  We get the beds set up for a campout and the gang gathers for a quick picture.


I have a wonderful tilapia dinner at Los Abuelos while Mister enjoys a chicken mole dinner.  We are able to take a deep breath without kids for awhile and enjoy some adult conversation with Rhiana.  It is a nice couple of hours.


Upon returning home, we send Rhiana to take the babysitter home and then for her to go to her own home alone for some much needed sleep and her massage in the morning.  We have got this under control.

Kara, the babysitter, took a couple of pictures for us of the kids during their movie.  I am so glad they had a good time.



Malea is causing issues sleeping with others so I bring her downstairs with us and Grandpa moves her little bed into our room.  In no time, she falls asleep on the couch and we take her upstairs.  When I retrieved her from the group, Raef let me know that he was not at all happy about having to go to bed and wanted to watch the rest of his movie.  I told him to lay quietly until the others fell asleep and then to come down and we would put the movie on.  We never see him.  Hmmm.  We sit together quietly and watch an episode of House of Cards before heading to bed.  Another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment