Saturday, February 22, 2014

Mister's 55th Birthday

We are off to Temple today and when we arrive at Jen's, Mister is met with a huge balloon and an orchid from Jen.  It is pretty funny cos I considered getting him one as well but lost track of time this morning as we were getting ready to come down here.  (I forgot to take a picture while we were there, so here is one from when we got home - ugh.)


We visit for awhile after dinner and pretty soon Mister is tapping me on the leg and quietly saying, "I want my cake."  Too funny --- I guess it is birthday time.  We baked a cake this afternoon and so Bekah comes downstairs to decorate it for Grandpa and soon we are laughing as the cake is engulfed with flames.  Is he really that old?


When the smoke clears, we discover that there is wax all over the cake.  Oh well.  I'm sure we can each pick it off.  Some candles have just curled up and died.  I don't think I have seen that before, but then again - I was the one who suggested a couple of "5" candles.  Everything is yummy though, so it is all a success and Mister is happy that he got his yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

Happy Birthday Mister --- we are the same age again for a couple of months.  I love ya tons.

Update:  The following weekend we got together with Mister's family for another celebration.  Is he lucky or what?

We picked up Mom and met Rick and family at a Chinese restaurant near Mom's apartment.  It's so nice to get together now and again to catch up and see what's up in each other's lives.  Since I came oh so prepared to this event, I excuse myself and walk over to the Kroger's next door to pick up a little cake for later.  When I arrive back, I snap this quick picture and Mister says, "it would have been prettier with food in the picture."  Well, shoot -- of course, but that would have required me to think of it then.


After lunch, we go back to Mom's apartment for cake and presents.  Yep, just two little groups of 5 candles this time.  Don't want to set the fire alarm off and have panic set in at the complex.


Mister is such a little kid when it comes to his birthday.  He enjoys each and every minute of it.  I love the smiles and excitement over each moment.  His mother gives him the gift of a goat -- do we need a trip back east to visit? -- sounds fun.  He also gets a bottle of beer and a little toy to put together.  All in all -- a fun day.  We say our thank-yous and try to get home before the traffic is too terrible.

Once home, Mister settle in to play with his new toy.  I am sewing in the office so he grabs the lap table and sets up shop.
Before long, he is asking for my phone to text the finished picture to his brother.  Nice.  And perfect for Mister.

A new little koala that now stands proudly on Mister's desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment