Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Vacation in Montana - Days 4, 5

Good day - Good morning - Good Life.  A storm came in yesterday and dropped the temperatures remarkably.  It is a jacket day.  After a good breakfast and chat, Mister and I want to get out and stretch our legs just a bit.  It's wonderful to be back in Montana and we both wish to explore a little today.  Let's see what we can find.

Swan Lake is the destination and the scenery is wonderful.  Along the way, we see a sign to "view wildlife" and since I have no idea what it is, decide to check it out.  It turns out to the be Swan River National Wildlife Refuge and has paths and platforms for viewing nature in a magnificent way.  I'm sure that any other time of year, the bird life would be abundant, but it's a chilly September morning and many of them are on their way south.  Peek at the beauty we did see and let your heart soar as ours did.

Down the path we go - 


Oh my --- it is just beautiful.  I also want to share that I didn't touch these landscape photos even one bit --- the camera saw how it really is for a change.



Mister has his camera at work too and I think it's interesting.  He has touched his up, but perhaps they are more real.  I'm just soaking up the experience.  The sounds are wonderful.  




As we start back towards the car, we pay closer attention to the little things around us on the walkway.



My sweetie at work.  What does he see?


THIS!!!  Magnificent, right?


Closer in - 


Different angle


I'm on the opposite side of the fence and without knowing what he is doing, work at something similar on my own.  Great minds.





Remembering that as we drove in, we passed a pond, I am trekking back to it on foot.


I scare several ducks upon my approach --- perhaps I should admit that several ducks scare me upon my approach as they take off in flight.  I know I jumped enough to make Mister laugh.  The pond is wonderful --- truly.  So many different types of plant life along with fish and turtles to watch.


Well, that's about that for this stop.  Now where?  On the way back into Bigfork, Mister sees a day campground sign and drives in.  We're hoping to get down to the water on Swan Lake.


As we walk the road inside the campground, we spot a sign that says "overlook."  That is where I take the picture above.  However, I also spot, hidden in the threes, a very old set of stairs that might lead down to the water.  Never one to hesitate, I'm on my way down.  Check these steps out. 


Halfway down, we spot the strangest thing and cannot even fathom what transpired to create this.  Does it make ANY sense to you?


Woohoo!!!  We are down on a beach and it's exquisite.  My eye - 




Mister's eye.  Yep -- his is better.


What a treasured find.  It would be perfect for a family picnic.


One last look back  as we climb back up.


Mister finds a pullout --- for some breathtaking shots of Swan Lake.  Perhaps a home out here would fit the bill.



Looking down - 


A stop at the grocery store for Mom as we head back has these lovely flowers jumping into our cart.  Well, Mister might have helped them along.  Now to just relax and spend the rest of the day and evening with her.


It's the 9th already.  How have we managed to get more than halfway through our vacation so quick?  Why can't time drag like it does when working?  Oh well, live it when you can.  Mister want's breakfast out so we are off to Echo Lake Cafe, one of his favorites.  We've been on a coffee hiatus for a week or so and I'm craving something.  This chai tea with a hit of espresso does the trick.  It's served so beautifully, that I expect a shock on the bill and I do get one.


Now, for some household chores.  We are having the family for dinner tonight, so while I make potato salad and a tossed salad, Mister tackles the patio.  I don't know if we'll go out there, but it'll be clean just in case.


While chatting, I do a little sewing and suddenly Mister tells me to look out the front window.  Our friends are back again.


They go up the east side of the house and into the neighbors back yard, which I can see from a side window.  Love this so much.


Back to work --- it's time to fry the chicken.


Hello there - 


FAMILY TIME!!!  We get the chance to meet our great-nephew, Grayson, for the first time.


I am super blessed to get some fun time with him.  What a cutie.  "Who is this lady with spots on her face?"


He is definitely more interested in what his great-uncle is doing.


I stole this picture from Jill --- shows what I meant.


Gather round everyone.  It's a wonderful evening and we even have a chance for a longer visit with Brock and Jill, which is great.  Some day we'll get them to visit in Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment