Sunday, September 27, 2020

Autumn in the House/Porch

 Each year as September comes to a close, my heart starts being lifted up.  I absolutely love October and the signal that Autumn is here.  I always have.  Perhaps it's because I'm a redhead and they are "my colors" -- who knows.  At any rate, it means the scarecrows came down and the house took on a new look.  Want to see?  I love the warmth it provide and the happiness I feel as I walk through.  It will stay this way, with perhaps some Halloween added in and then removed, right up until the house turns red and white for Christmas -- I love that too.  Such a happy place to be.


I don't have near the totes for autumn, but I've added to it each year since moving to Dallas and I'm gaining ground.  My Autumn Splendor quilt is in the guest room as it really fits that bed best.

And the master bedroom has a quilt Mister and I bought together when I first moved in.  He quickly grasped my love of quilts and I was not even back into it yet.  This was found in a shop in Granbury on our first trip there.



A little dark and you can tell I'm packing, but . . .



The door wreath is one I made oh so very long ago and came with me from Montana as did all of my scarecrows, which are up next.


Now to go outside - the front porch is just so happy right now --- 



Now, if I only looked out and saw the leaves turning - ah, but it's Texas and that's a month away still.

No comments:

Post a Comment