Monday, October 17, 2016

A Night at Jimmy's

Mister has made a reservation for us at Jimmy's for one of their wine dinners.   Tonight is the night and I'm looking forward to it.  Let's get going.

We arrive a bit early in order to get some pasta and groceries.  After shopping, it's time for the dinner to begin.  We enter the back room and find out seats.  It's a packed house, as always.  The winery being featured tonight is Maculan Winemakers from Breganze, Italy and Angela Maculan is our hostess.  I love that Jimmy's always brings in the winemaker or family members to speak with us about their region of Italy and tell stories from there, both about the wine and the culture.

Our first course is a wonderful shrimp scampi.  All of the food at these dinners is made "in house" by the family that runs Jimmy's.  It never fails to impress and I don't want to listen and learn about the white wines we are tasting with it, I just want to dig in.  Oh, capers, it has capers.  I love those little delights.



The second course gets a bit shafted in the picture department as I remember after most of my mushroom risotto was gone.  I guess you know it was yummy.

While we imbibe, Angela tells us all about the grapes used in the wines and how long their family has been working the vines.  It is amazing -- to have that kind of family history is truly something to be in awe of.

As the last course is served, we are given all we need to know about the red wines being paired with the entre.  Doesn't this just look oh so good?  Well, not the lima beans so much, but the rest is simply wonderful.  You'll have to just believe me.


To end the evening, we receive a HUGE helping of panettone topped with a wonderful fresh cream and served with Dindarello, a delightful dessert wine.

When our meal is finished, we purchase a couple bottles, which Angela autographs and say our good-byes to the DiCarlo family.  They always do such a great job with these events.

What a great date night and thank you Mister for remembering how much I love these dinners.  As an added bonus, on the way home we spot a wonderful full moon and Mister stops several times to let me try and get a picture before it gets too high in the sky.  This is the best I have to offer, but it lends to the memory of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment