Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Week in Telluride with Amanda and ALL of Her Boys - Days 7 & 8

Tuesday - today is another work day for Amanda and all three boys are off to school.  I am going to ride along so that I have the car today and possibly pick them up after school to play.  When I get into the car, I notice that they all have their hats on (a first for Caleb) and must take a picture.  How cute is this?

When everyone is dropped off, I stop in at the coffee shop for a drink and some internet on my phone time.  It's funny - I don't miss it tremendously here, but a peek in on my quilt group to make sure no one has questions about the upcoming retreat is always a good idea.  As I am returning home, Amanda calls and has forgotten two of the pages to the employee manual that we worked on.  After discussing options, I opt to go home and get them for her and bring them back.  It just seems easier to me.

As I am driving towards the house, I get the chance to stop at a few "overlooks" for some beautiful morning pictures of the mountains.  Heart food.




A little more education comes along with it but I really should get going as Amanda is waiting.  I am soon at the house, grab the two pages, and back on the road into town.  A quick drop off and my return trip to the house includes a stop in Mountain Village for a drive-thru.  It's pretty cute but definitely for the ski crowd.

I have to return home tomorrow and want to enjoy my day as much as possible so I set to work on my sewing project and allow myself this wonderful view at the same time.  What a great way to spend the day.  Beautiful view and productivity as well.  Nice.  I am just about ready to go into town to pick up the boys when Amanda texts and says that they are going to go over to a friends to play.  Well -- plan B.  I will cook dinner for everyone then.  Sounds good and I am in the mood as well.

I make a pork roast and it is ready about the time everyone arrives home.  We get to have a nice sit down dinner and I am rewarded with both Raef and Ryan totally cleaning their plates and asking for more.  Yep, awesome feeling.

Trent helps me clean up and then is off to help his boys finish homework and get ready for bed.

I head upstairs to start disassembling my sewing station and returning things to their proper place.  When I am putting the ironing board and iron away, I find the family enjoying something on television together.  Everyone is giggling up a storm and thus a picture must be taken.  Oh, and yes, those are Gammy quilts that everyone is under.


This has been such a fun trip.  I have loved every moment of it and cannot wait to bring Mister up here the next time.  There is so much more to explore and enjoy.

Soon, the house is quiet and I am the only one still awake.  I want to finish a beanie for Trent as a thank you gift and also because, well, he is the only one without one.  I get it completed and slip outside to put it in his Jeep to find in the morning.  I really do appreciate him sharing his family with me and putting up with a mother-in-law in the house.

I have to fly tomorrow so even though I am really not tired tonight, I know that I must get some sleep or be totally exhausted tomorrow.  I am kinda sad and kinda happy all at once.  I do not wish to leave my family here, but I miss Mister a great deal and am ready for some hubby time.

Wednesday - It's an early morning.  Everyone is up and ready to go by 7:30, including me.  Amanda, Caleb, and I take the older boys into town for school and then turn around and head for Montrose.  She has to get a tire fixed on the van plus do some shopping before dropping me off at the airport.  The tire takes a bit longer than we think but it all works out and several more stops are made before it is my turn to be the stop.  We say good-bye and although it is hard for me, I know I will be back soon with Mister in tow.  Thanks for an awesome time Amanda and ALL of your boys.

When I arrive at the airport it is such a frustrating experience.  Since I did not have internet access, I waited to check-in at the ticket counter, thus putting me in the line of fire on my bag size again.  Ugh.  I move a sweater and my cosmetic bag to my backpack and then my bag fits.  There are MANY upset people around me discovering the same thing -- that the bag they have been using for years now longer is acceptable.  I swear they have changed the dang measuring device but I am on my way through security and to the gate.  When I arrive at the gate it is only to discover that the gate agent is requiring everyone to do the same thing.  I told her mine had been done at the ticket counter and she then gave me a gate check ticket as the cases won't fit on this small plane anyway.  Seriously????  Well dang it all anyway.  My sweater and my cosmetic kit go back into my case and that's that.  How ridiculous can we get?  It's finally time to fly.

I get another glimpse at the Black Canyon and some beautiful views of the mountains.  It will be awhile before I have this eye candy so I peek out the window for as long as it lasts.  There is not a lot of snow yet, but I think that if we can return in February or so that it will definitely look a bit different AND that the town will have a totally different feel as well.  Skiers everywhere.



I watch as the tires lower for landing in Denver and find that we are deboarding right onto the ground beside the plane.  It's been awhile since I have not used a jet bridge.  We wait for our gate checked bags and then are off to the next flight.  I do not have a long wait, but enough time to grab some lunch and enjoy it at the gate - where my bag is once again gate checked.  Do you see the humor in this?

I figure that on my second flight I need to finally finish the spool doilies I have been working on for the upcoming retreat so I settle in and within the flight time manage to complete my task except for working ends in.  I can do that at home in the next couple of days.

Mister is waiting for me by the exit and I am so thrilled to see him.  When we arrive home, this is what greets me.  He has been working on my Big Board and my little Featherweight table.  What a great hubby.  I am so excited to see how these turn out.

When we get inside the house I am greeted by another beautiful sight.  Apparently he missed me as well.  What a super sweetheart.  Roses AND a new barrette.  Thanks so much sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment