Monday, October 27, 2014

A Week in Telluride with Amanda and ALL of Her Boys - Days 5 & 6

It is a gorgeous day and this is the view from my bed when I first wake in the morning.


Would you like to see what I see?  Well here is a close up.  Heaven.


We have a quiet morning before Amanda and I go into town to clean the office.  I am glad for this opportunity to help out as I have not really had a chance to explore the facilities.  Each time that I have been there has been during business hours and I cannot just wander around.  While cleaning, I take advantage and take some picture to show Mister when I get home.  I'll also share a few here.  Isn't this a nice set up?


We return home and I set up a mini sewing station in my room so that I can stay out of the way of the party with friends this afternoon.  Seems like a good idea.  Caleb hears me sewing and decides to come check me out.  This lets him play in the LEGO area at the same time.  I have absolutely no objection to this.

Once their friends arrive, I retreat to my own area and give them their space.  At least until I hear the magic words:  "local beer".  I'm sorry but I can't help myself then.  I have to go down and check it out.  Tyler lets me try an IPA and it is dang good.  So much so that I have to send Mister a pic showing this on my sewing table.  Very fun.  I then stay in my room until dinner and then once again retreat for awhile.  Pumpkins are next though and I certainly don't want to miss those.  Amanda has transformed her dining room to a pumpkin carving area and goodness but there are orange orbs everywhere.    I have a few issues with my camera but soon figure it out and am snapping away.  (View from my room)


I move around taking as many pictures as I can of the stages and yet at the same time retreating upstairs to sew.  I know, I know -- it's hard to do both.  Check out the finished pumpkins though --they look awesome!  LOVE.  I have sewed myself silly and am ready for bed.  What is it about the mountains?  I certainly am able to fall asleep early each evening.

Good morning!  It is Monday -- dang where has this week gone?  I cannot believe how quick it is flying by.  Amanda is trying to get some things for the office finished and Caleb wants to finger paint -- Gammy to the rescue.  Well, in all honesty he wants to finger paint but has absolutely no desire to have dirty fingers.  It is really too funny but soon I have him working away.  As he paints each item, he says, "Your turn Gammy."  I then have to paint something as well.  I don't recall it working this way before.  He mixes the paints together, thus making it a bit harder to do my job.  Finally, I do get him to do rainbow hand prints.  Here ya go:


When we are finished, Amanda comes out from the home office and decides that we need to get out for a little while.  We drive just a short distance away to Ophir and find the best little play area that I have ever seen.  Everyone in the neighborhood just leaves their bikes and toys there for all to play with.  What a concept.  I find a great spot to sit on the base of a slide and settle in to watch Amanda and Caleb play.  I am definitely feeling a bit sore from yesterday and am moving a bit slow but do love sitting in the sun.  Ananda will absolutely LOVE this picture:


What a backdrop to play in.  Oh my.


Soon it is time to go and when we get back to the house, it is Caleb's nap time and Amanda needs one as well.  I take over on typing the employee manual and get it finished while they sleep.  Then it is back to sewing for me.  When the boys get home from school, Raef has a project for school that he asks me to help with and I soon find myself picking through an owl pellet looking for rat bones.  Yep, you read that right.  He has to put together a rat skeleton from the remains in an owl pellet.  Fun.  At one point I mention that I cannot believe I am doing something this gross and Ryan looks at me and says, "Gammy, it is just dirt."  I laugh and tell him that it is fur and other assorted materials and it is at that point that he agrees to its grossness.  

I have suggested that we go into town tonight for pizza as one of the local restaurants has a 2 for 1 special and it will take some stress of Amanda on making dinner.  Once homework is complete, we get ready and head in to meet Trent when the office closes.  As we are driving into town, look at what Amanda shows me on the way:


The elk are amazing and we stop to watch for a few minutes.  There are quite a few calves and she says they hang out in this area each day.  So beautiful.

Trent calls while we are driving a lets us know that it is an hour and half wait at the pizza place so we opt to go to the brewpub instead.  

Everyone is starving by now so meals are quickly eaten and I swear that Raef is a bottomless pit however one little person just doesn't want to eat.  Is this not just such a sad face?  Poor thing.  No ice cream for him.



It's been another great day and I am once again oh so ready for bed.  The temperature has really cooled off and it is a quick run to the car and back home.  Stories and then bed.  I am so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment