Thursday, June 19, 2014

Texas Grandsons - Days 11&12

18th - We are doing NOTHING today.  It is just one of those days.  Jon and I sit in the den and watch Back to the Future 2 then Jon wants to make brownies and since I am sore and not moving well, Grandpa suggests he do just that.  I take up a post at the table and supervise with my eyes this time.  It is and box mix and pretty hard to screw up -- he does just fine and as soon as they go into the oven, he joins me at the table to lick his spoon and bowl clean.  Who doesn't remember doing that same thing as a kid?  I loved doing it and my favorite by far was my mom's coffee cake batter.  Oh yum.

They look delicious and he can't wait to cut into them -- Grandpa first I say.


"Now you can settle in and enjoy."


The rest of the day is seriously laid back.  We finish the puzzle, Jon watches multiple episodes of Dr. Who and then he and Grandpa make a trip to Frys to look around.  Nice calm day and much needed after all the busy ones.


19th - Sleepy Jon --- he doesn't crawl out of bed until 1 -- too much Dr. Who last night.  Once he is up, we make a trip Half Price Books and he finds a book to read on his upcoming drive to Montana.  After dinner, we watch Back to the Future III to finish out the series and then Jon and Grandpa settle in for some games on the computer for the rest of the evening.  Another VERY quiet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment