Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Walk in the Gardens

The sun is shining and it is time for a walk in the gardens.  I miss being here often and want to see what is blooming before it is gone for the year.  Spring has left and with it the many soft colors of that season.  We are now into bold summer colors and I love them  Check out these Cannas -- oh my!


Coleus


The vegetable gardens are fun as well.  Here is one that is new to me.  Okra -- purple!


I spot this squirrel and we stop to watch for awhile.  After eating for quite some time, he drops his treat (the same dang thing they do to my peaches --- finish it for goodness sake).  Mister and I go check it out.  He has picked a small eggplant for his morning snack.


Ah --- Serenity!  Pond AND Lake.  I LOVE the lily pads.


And what the lily pads produce:


Above and below the water -- koi are beautiful as well. One came up to say hello to us.  I think he thought we were going to feed him.  Sorry.


I love finding the little nooks and cranny's of  the garden and on each visit we find one new place.  Today brings us a couple -- one with an amazing flower and the second -- where I think of when I hear phrases like "secret garden."  Both oh so beautiful


The crepe myrtles are starting to bloom --- doesn't the grand lawn look pretty surrounded by them.  Ah, summer.  I can already hear the cicadas singing.  I love the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment