Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Recital and An Ordination

Oh my goodness!  As I reviewed the pictures for this blog --- it occurred to me that I look like I belong in the red hat ladies club without the hat.  Seriously Deb?  Red and Purple???  What are you doing?

We were scheduled to go to Wyoming this weekend, but with a last minute change in plans, we were able to head to Temple for a couple of days to share some great moments with grands.  Yay.  First stop when we arrive is Bekah's dance recital.  In what appears to be her last year of dance due to other interests, we hit town just in time for the first show and then a quick break before the second show.  She did amazing in both shows and I cannot wait to see the video.  I did manage to grab her for one quick picture and wouldn't you know:  I closed my eyes.  Oh well, at least she is smiling for us.  I love the way her brothers are trying to pass the time during intermission.    They have brought friends and technology is in full swing for the break.

Between shows, we go to the house for a little while and decide to walk over to the park with Josh and Jared.  I have determined that Josh is the child to watch as he would spin and spin himself, declaring that he "loved the way it made his head feel."  I think I had friends in high school that said the same thing about pot.  Too funny.



Once the recitals are over, we want to grab a bite to eat and I so want Bekah to go in costume with full makeup, but I definitely do NOT get my way.  What is wrong here?  This is tradition!!!


We stay the night by taking over Bekah's room and playing instruments all night.  Ha ha -- just joking.  The next morning we are all up and moving getting Jonathan to church on time for his ordination to the office of a Deacon.  We meet in the Bishop's office for the ordination prior to Sacrament and everything goes well and he receives a wonderful blessing.  He is able to pass the Sacrament (with a deer in the headlight look the whole time) and does a great job.  So glad we are able to be there with him for this major event but oh so sorry that somehow we do not get even one single picture.  I am hoping that Mom and Dad do.

We leave after the service and stop in Waco for a quick breakfast which is oh so pitiful.  Not one that I want to remember.  Soon, we are on the way back to Dallas.  What a fun weekend in Temple.  Cannot wait for another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment