Monday, January 29, 2024

Girls Trip - Day 4 - Sea Day Relaxing and a Rescue

 With another Sea Day at hand, we're relaxing and taking it slow this morning.  Well, I was until I realized the ship had stopped.  As I was dressing, Kelly woke and asked the same question, "Why are we stopped?"  I replied that I was on my way to find out.  Up to the deck I went and discovered that we are meeting up with the Coast Guard from Cancun as we have a couple of people who need to depart due to a medical emergency.  Okay, that makes sense.  I take a picture of the Cancun shoreline to show how close we are, go back to the room to share info with Kelly, and then leave to meet Frieda for breakfast.  The ship is back to cruising.



As we are eating, they announce "Man Overboard" and many crew members depart to help.  The ship stops again.  We stay put, even though many other guests run to see.  I'm absolutely shocked that it could even happen as there are VERY tall plexi-glass barriers on ALL rails.  A short time later, another announcement comes through that it is NOT a man overboard, but two kayakers that are signally for help.  We are going to assist them.  We finish up breakfast and I go to peek over the edge.  Yep, there they are.


Walked past the only clock on the ship - at least that I saw.


Peeked again and was rewarded with THIS!!!!


Look how close to Cancun we are, but these poor souls cannot get back there.


Meanwhile, Kelly is still in the room and watches the whole thing right out our window.  She gets a video (not top quality, but still a record of the event).


Once they are on board, checked out, and then turned over to the Mexican Coast Guard, we are once again moving.  I find a spot at the back of the ship to just enjoy the fact that I'm cruising.


A little more ship snooping and I find this great sitting area.  How perfect is this?  Hey, Mister - next trip together - on the Jubilee and enjoying this space, okay?


A little later, I venture back inside and Family Feud tryouts are happening on Center Stage, so I stop to watch for awhile.


On the first day of the cruise, Kelly and I spotted a giveaway at the jewelry shop.  We decided to play the game and have been collecting little barrels for our free necklace.  The barrels are free as well, BUT you can only pick them up at certain times.  It's time for one, so off we go, make the pick-up and then head outside to watch the sunset.



Isn't it glorious?  Five pictures tonight.






Looking the other way - the ship is aglow.


We have some time to kill before dinner so stop in at the Punchliner Comdey Club and somehow manage to snag front row seats.  Dougie Doug Williams is the comic and his opening is absolutely hilarious.  It's all adlib because his mic doesn't work.  He should do adlib more, because it was the best part of the show.


Off to dinner and tonight I'll share pics because I chose wisely.  Wonderful swordfish and an amazing key lime pie.


We ended the night with a show featuring Gen Maldonado and Viva Variety!  She was excellent and really did a fabulous rendition of some of my favorites.  Her Tina Turner was spot on.


That's it for today.  Did other things happen?  Of course - some chatting, some wandering, some relaxing, some eating, some shopping, and some gambling.  The day went by quick and I'm ready for sleep.  See y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment