Saturday, January 27, 2024

Girls Trip - Day 2 - Galveston and Boarding Jubilee

 Good morning Y'all.  Not much sleep last night - most due to worry about Ryan but a teeny bit because I'm excited for today.  Ryan made it through the night and is being life-flighted today to Denver.  It's a good sign so far and it looks like maybe no surgery.  We'll know more later.

We have packed and re-packed, the car is loaded, shirts match and the girls are on their way.  Galveston, next stop.



We left a bit early today as we were unsure of closed roads and weather, thus arriving in Galveston a bit early for our boarding time.  Another Goodwill stop ensues and while Gwen and Kelly are shopping like crazy, I walk over to the sea wall for a couple of pictures.



Load up ladies, it's time.  When we get to the port, the ship is so big that by the time we see it -- this is the best I can get.  No joke.


Through the embarking process ---- picture stop and this one really turned out good, so I bought it.


Here we go ------ last bit before entering the ship.


The first thing we did was muster and then find our room.  I dropped bags and headed off to explore the ship a bit.  


I'm a much happier camper when I have the lay of the land and know where I'm going each day.  Besides, no one is really in the rooms right now - so pics are good.  We are at the front of the ship, so I'll start there.  Time for stairs.  Two floors up from us is The Punchliner Comedy Club.


Right next to it is the spa and an entrance to the Juliblee theater.  Across from the spa is the exercise room.


Walking towards the center of the ship, this greets us.


Around the corner - Piano Bar 88 - Why 88?  No idea. Maybe I'll learn that later.



Next up is Javablue - looks like a coffee shop and likely a daily stop for me.



We are at the Center Stage area (formerly the atrium in previous ships) and there is a literal stage and seating.


Wandering down the hall.  We don't sail away until 4, so it's getting close and everyone is up on deck.  I can peek a bit more.


Dr. Inks and I've heard sooooo much about this place.


Continuing down the hall ---- the Carnival Kitchen is on the right.  I am signed up for two classes here and super excited.


Main Dining Room


In the hall ---- what a beautiful staircase.  Let's go up a floor.


Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse - well, the entrance anyway.


Walkway overlooking Dr. Inks - virtual screens.  Very cool.


Limelight Lounge - 


Fabulous lights over another staircase.


Back to Center Stage, one floor up.


Peek into the Jubilee Theater.  Time to head up to watch the sail away.


Lido - Deck 16 - yep way up.  Walk through the marketplace.  Hard to believe there are 6,000 people on this ship.  I have very little interaction while taking pictures.


Made it to Serenity.  Ahhhh.  We are underway.


Just little old me up here.  Where is everyone?  I did see a TON of people by the main pool as I went by.  I'll do those pictures later.



Here ya go -- I'm walking back to the center of the ship now.  Serenity was up front.



Made it to the back.


There is a lot to see back here --- all the sports and adventure areas.


Mini-Golf



Waterslides and The Bolt (rollercoaster) - 



A few pods - the only ones I've seen other than up on Serenity.


Ropewalk -


and track.

Back down to 6 and the Golden Mermaid Bar.  Well, that's it for the tour now.  I'll have many more pictures of the ship over the days, but it's time to unpack and get ready for dinner tonight.


Dinner tonight --- a little underwhelming with color, for sure.  Cornish game hen with roasted root vegetables.  Taste was good.



Went to the  show tonight - it was called Dear Future Husband and the Playlist Players were in concert.  It was okay - several had really good voices, but not a very energetic show.



It has been determined that Ryan doesn't need surgery and I'm much calmer now.  Glad I have internet and can stay informed, but don't need to rapidly debark and fly to Colorado.  My blood pressure is going down a bit now.  See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment