Thursday, July 6, 2023

Hyrum and Zyra Come to Visit 2023 - Day 2 - Illusions, Arcade, and Food

 It's Day 2 - what shall we do?  Grandpa has to work today, but will be able to play this evening.  He and Zyra are up to something - I just don't know what yet.  Maybe he's just getting her the internet, I don't know.


I've wanted to go to the Museum of Illusions for some time now and it seems like this is the perfect chance.  Remember the title as you peek at the pictures and also remember that I'm an old woman and it took me awhile to learn the angles for photography.  I completely blew the first few pics.  For example - this one.  I didn't even have them sit the correct way.  argh.



This one they had to stand just perfect to try and line up their faces.  The height difference played here and I wasn't quick enough to spot it.


This room ---- hmmmm.  So challenging to me.  I'll figure it out, but . . .  



Not only does it make one look tall, but HUGE as well.  Or maybe I just am.



The infinity room --- loved it.




Fun illusion, but, once again, Gammy screws up the pic.  I figured it by the time Zyra went in.


So, this mirror play was so fun to watch.  I love how it doubles up, but watching Hyrum really get into it was super cool.




Zyra's turn and she has a bit of fun as well.


This one ---- the picture actually gives it away, whereas standing in front of it was just a bunch of small pictures.  


Stepping backward slowly, the picture comes into view.  (That hole?  It leads to the "head" table I showed earlier.)


The next spot was a ton of fun.  Hyrum and I figured it out and then just kept working at it to get the best picture to send to Mom.




Zyra joined us and gave it a whirl, as did I.



Next - color play.



Ahhh - yes, let's play close and see what happens.


The best effort - 


I'm still laughing just seeing this pic and remembering how crazy this thing was.  It so messes with your mind as the walkway never moves, but you constantly lose your balance.


Just a short glimpse.


I let them go to examine all the smaller displays.


We finally figured out one of the rooms.  Maybe.  Kinda.


One last trip back to the favorite spot --- together now.






By the time we finish, it's dang hot outside.  Back to the house for a bit of cool before we have some more fun tonight.  When Grandpa gets off work --- we are off to Bishop Cider and the arcade.  Will Hyrum see more of the place this time?  We shall see.  Queen Zyra.


Oh no - it's the row that sucks Hyrum in.  He'll never leave.


Within minutes, he has moved to Mario.  How far will he get this time?


As for the rest of us --- we move around and try a variety of games.




It's about time to go (we've been here almost 3 hours - yep, crazy right?  And he never moved.)  I'm gathering up all the chicks so they can be fed.



Dinner is at Rodeo Goat - Hyrum's request.  What could be better than a giant burger late in the evening?  I am so full.  See ya tomorrow for another jam-packed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment