Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Hyrum and Zyra Come to Visit 2023 - Day 1 - I Fly and More

 Woot woot!!  Even though we just returned from a five-week, family trip and saw ALL the grands that don't live in Texas, we have two coming to spend a week with us.  I am just so excited and looking forward to the fun.  Their flight is sooooo close, and yet so far away.  For some reason, the gate is not ready for them.  I'm trying to be patient and remembering that their last visit, I was a running fool to meet their plane and this time, I'm all ready to go.  Ahhhh ---- here they come, at last.



Look Ma --- they're safe.


Off to the house for some lunch and re-set.  We have plans to meet up with Jen and the boys for the evening and it's going to make for long first day for these two.  The quiet time is appreciated, but naps don't happen and probably should have --- we are now on the way to our event.


We have tickets to IFly for the kids and I'm looking forward to watching.  Perhaps I'll give it a go another time.  We get there a bit early and meet up with Jen and the boys.  This gives some time to watch the previous group and for Hyrum and Zyra to get a feel for what's ahead.  Jared and Josh have done this before, so not as many nerves, I'm sure.  Cousin time while they wait.



Ooooh, things are starting to happen.  Clothing distribution means we're getting close.


Don't they look snazzy?


Last minute chats.


Into the capsule and queued up for their turns.


Hyrum is first - 


He catches on quick and is soon airborne.


They're heading up.


Enjoy the video for a better perspective.



Second in line is Zyra - 


She, too, gets it figured out and is soon ready to fly.


Zyra's video.



Josh's go - 

and video - 

Jared has waited long enough - his turn.

and video - 


Each one of them gets a second run --- Just enjoy the pics and I'll simply comment when the person changes.  Hyrum.



Zyra - 




Josh - 





Jared - 



When the kids finish - the coach gives a small show and I caught part of it --- pretty cool.


Love these kind of pictures.


With all the crazy, upside down stuff over - it's time for food and when Jen is in town -- it's almost always Cane Rosso.  EACH one orders their own pizza and their plates are nearly clean when finished.  I am impressed.


This particular Cane Rosso is located near or in the Dallas Cowboys practice facility.  Outside is an area to just hang out and throw a football, if desired.



It's time to head separate ways and the cousins are getting their good-byes in.



I manage to snag Josh for a pic.  It's been awhile for us two.  What a fun, fun day.  I am sure my two charges will sleep like rocks tonight.  See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment