Saturday, October 29, 2022

Montana - Rhiana's Time

 A little house switching took place this afternoon.  I am getting my first chance to hold a brand new granddaughter.  Oh the joy!



The cousins are happily at play - Zyra and Malea are inside the cabinet and Mariel wants to share in the fun.


She makes it in as well ---- silly girls.


Back to Isla - 


Grandpa, Elena, and Zyra are having quite the discussion.


Meanwhile, Mariel and I are trying to make friends.  She's taken to Grandpa right away but is not too sure about me.  Calls me Grandpa too.


Letting her push buttons helps.


Zyra is making the rounds and spending time with each cousin.


Hey, I want in too!!


Littles having fun together - 


Grandpa has had his hair braided and has his chance with Isla.


Zyra and Malea saying good-bye as Grandpa prepares to take Zyra home for the night.  He delivers Mariel to us and by the time he returns - it's bedtime for all.

26th - Hello from near the rims in Billings.  The house is hopping early in the morning and then everyone leaves and Mister and I are on our own.  I make a trip to the grocery store and plan dinner for the family.  Other than that, some sewing happens and Mister is at work.  Once school lets out - the house returns to it's busy state.  Malea practicing soccer out back.


I'm working on dinner and helping Rhiana get the groceries put away.  Not sure what Malea is up to here, but it's dang cute.


Grandpa and another of his companions.  Mariel loves him, the dog loves him, and both cats seem to think he's pretty cool as well.  Just goes to show that he's an adorable fellow.


I, however, am content with a baby.  Such joy.


AND, apparently I am quite successful.  She is out.


New braids for Grandpa tonight - this is the bomb for Elena.  She LOVES doing hair.



Hey granddaughter - let's take a pic


or two - 


or more - 


Can you do a normal one for Gammy?



And through it all - Mariel has not left Grandpa.  Oh, his hair is down again.


And Elena has moved onto me.  I told her it was all getting chopped off next week.  I'm not sure she liked that idea.


That's pretty much it for today.  It's another work day for Mister tomorrow so sleep is required.

27th - Each day this week has been a Spirit Day for Rhiana and Elena and it has been fun to watch them dress up.  I finally remember to take a picture (overall, I will admit that I have not taken many pictures while here in Billings).  They are so cute.  Check out how tall Elena is now (psst - she has boots on and Mom doesn't).


We are helping with littles until Kasey has them ready for the day.


I guess I'm including Malea in my "littles" statement.  I really shouldn't.  She has grown up so very much and is such fun to be around.



Kasey is ready and the whole gang is out the door.  Then we're alone once again.  This time I have a mission for the day.  I am on the hunt for Halloween costumes for Elena and Malea.  I am successful!!!  Devil costume retrieved and hung in Malea's room.  I also found a Jesus costume for Elena but neglected to get a picture of it hanging in her room.  I wasn't home when they arrived from school so missed Malea trying hers on, but did get sent a pic on Halloween so check it out.


While I was hanging Elena's costume in her room, I DID notice a Gammy quilt on the bed.  That makes my heart so very happy.  Perhaps that is why I got distracted and didn't get a picture of her costume hanging in there.


Then, I was off to run some errands once again.  I returned with Zyra for the evening so the cousins could have some more time together.



When we got back, Elena was still in her costume so I got a picture of it.  Woohoo!!  Mom also sent me on Halloween so I'll include it here.


While I'm at it, I'll share the costumes on Halloween for the two littles as well.  You can see that I'm writing this a bit late but it is what it is.  So, so cute.


Okay, back to present time.  The future is on hold once again.  Howdy Isla - how was your day?


She answered me.  Kinda.


Evening bath time for littles.  I had to make sure pictures were appropriate.  


Grandpa at the table with Malea and Zyra.  It's Sorbet time.



Family time - here come the books.

28th - The daycare lady is sick today so Rhiana is home with us.  That means the littles are home too.


Much more chatty today.



Mariel is never too far from Grandpa.


She's finally decided to make friends with me.  Books are the way to her heart.  I think she's decided to call me Gambo.



Fun with books - 


They just keep coming.  I have quite the stack now.


We send Mom on her way to run some errands and take over with the littles.  This gives me and Mariel the chance to share a banana and do some dancing together (which I didn't get pics of as I was dancing and Grandpa was working).  Some selfie fun did happen.



LOVE this.


BUT this one - ah my heart.


My phone and The Wiggles - she LOVED it.


So much so, no eyes up for the picture.


Isla is awake now so picture time with her.


LOVE this one.  A little blurry but she is always in motion.


Rhiana returns from errands and I'm off for lunch with my friend, Glea.  We make time for this each trip up to Billings and I treasure this.  Today, we are at Commons 1882 and sharing a charcuterie board.


THREE hours seem to fly by but I have loved each one of them.  Until next trip, my friend, thank you for taking time to play.


Back to the house and littles - 



Right after these pictures - things went south.  Poor little Mariel just got so very sick.  By the time Mommy arrived, this was all she wanted.


Kasey was very busy in the kitchen so I took over with Isla and Grandpa spent time with Malea.  Elena was at a party and I picked her up as part of this time.


Kasey's feast.  Two kinds of enchiladas.  He's been working so very hard and they were dang yummy.


That's it - it's our last night and I want a few pics with the older girls.  Hard to pick a BEST one, so each person has a good moment in the three.  We are bed bound - as is everyone else - well, except Mariel and Rhiana as they are doing the sofa thing tonight.




29th - We are up fairly early and ready to go.  It's a long drive today and we want to enjoy it.  One last pic with my daughter and we are outta here.  Thank you, Rhiana, for sharing time with us and helping us make memories with your beautiful daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment