Sunday, October 16, 2022

Beachtime - Day 7 Sunrise and Trip Home Via Wallis

Dang - the last day has arrived.  I don't wish to miss even one minute before I have to pack.  Down to the sand we go.




I'm just trying to soak it all in while I can.  



Hmmmm - 


I notice a cool red cloud over the horizon.


Zoom in - 


Ooooh, this one has been in the water for awhile.




I see her.






And just like that - it's time to pack, load the car, and head north once again.  Our take for the week - just the ones we are keeping.


My calendar popped up with the annual fall harvest festival hosted by the Guardian Catholic Church in Willis, TX.  We ran into the preparations for it last year (here is the LINK from that trip) and want to actually attend this year.  Off we go.


We arrive in time for lunch and if you check the link above, you can see all about this lovely, old church.  The history is awesome and the people are genuine.


The first thing we notice are the games set up all around us.



People start filling in and Mister buys a couple of spots on the board.


Wow!!  He hits first thing and has a lovely jar of homemade pickles to take home.  


One more attempt - 



However, no luck this time and Mister is off to the car with his pickles.  Meanwhile, I find a place in line for us to get lunch.  The meals are $20 so I only get one ticket and hope there is enough food.


Everyone is sooooooo friendly.  I miss small town life.


I needn't have worried about the amount of food - I don't think we'll get through this, even with two people.


Once our tummies are happy, I'm checking out the auction up front - there are quite a few really nice items.




At one point, Mister is even fixing the quilts that are on display.


I LOVE the chairs and bench.


He then tries his luck a couple more times - but it all ran out right away.



We won't be staying long enough for the raffle, but there are a LOT of entries already and the prizes are pretty fabulous.


Time to get back on the road and it's a non-stop trip home.  The week has been amazing and we will hold tight to it for awhile.  Next year we are going to Greenland, so no beach week.  Take care, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment