Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas to All!!!


 Merry Christmas!!!  Mister and I have joked for a couple weeks now that we will get up Christmas morning and look at the oven and the television and tell each other Merry Christmas.  We followed through with lots of oooohhs and aaaaaahhs.



Then we took up our usual spot near the tree and enjoyed some gingerbread scones and coffees in our new mugs (yep another gift we bought each other this month and are already using).


Before our pledge not to do anything else for each other this month, I had already purchased some Stroopwafels for my sweetie and so he gets those to go with this yummy treat breakfast.

The kids were all together in October and took the time to have a photograph made for me.  My heart is so touched and those who come to my home can see it in all it's glory.  I tried to decide if this gift was good or bad on this day when I miss them so much, but I've always said that a gift that makes you cry is a winner.  This holds true today.

When speaking with my son, he mentioned that there were several other pictures taken as well and he would send me the info, but he sent this picture over the phone as it is the one in his house.  PERFECT!!


Mister and I have decided to go ahead and make a traditional dinner for just the two of us and at the very end, he decides to give a Yorkshire Pudding a go as well.  It looks amazing.


The table is set and we are about to enjoy this as we consider all the blessings this past year has brought.  Yes, there were many - many challenges too --- but so many wonderful moments have been treasured.



It is just so good.  After our meal, I drag out a very old project that I am hoping to work on before the month ends.  That's as far as I get and now some cuddle time with my sweetie.  I hope your holiday was wonderful too.  Let's keep making lemonade together.

No comments:

Post a Comment