Friday, October 25, 2019

Mom's 80th Birthday Trip - Days 4-5

24th -  Since we are at the lake, I have the perfect backdrop setting for my mystery quilt reveal pictures.  A few minutes at my Sister's nets me this chance.  I take several more and am not sure which one I'll use, but doesn't it look pretty?




Driving back down to Mom's, the locals stop by to say hello.




My son, Matthew, has arrived for a visit and I am thrilled to have time with him.  We have spent the afternoon visiting and enjoying one another.  There are rare moments when I get to spend time with a child and no spouses or grands along.  I'm so thankful he made the effort to be a part of this weekend.


He and Bailey are having a war of wills.


Doug and Matt took some things up to my sister's and get a chance to see Jill.  I still haven't seen her yet, but that time will come.  My sweet Mister makes sure to take some pictures for me.  He's such a great guy.  Cousins!!




25th - The set up for the party begins today.  We are hauling stuff down there and reducing the amount of work for tomorrow.  This is the clubhouse.



And the views!  Oh my, I miss this.  Growing up here, I took it for granted.



The tables are ready to go --- my sister has been busy.

Since we have men around (yep, I'm okay with this), it's nice to have help with the heavier items.  Put those boys to work.  Matt has always been willing to help out and I appreciate that so very much.


Upon our return, Jen, Louis, Bekah, and Trent (Bekah's beau) arrive.  It's fun for brother and sister to see each other too.



As well as some uncle/niece time.



Yep, he's happiest when he's a pest.


Just talking and sharing --- I'm thrilled to have family around.  AND, I take this opportunity to give Jen her birthday gift as I was gone for her birthday but knew she was joining us here.



Thank you for this picture, Mister.



Everyone follows the scene and smiles --- except Trent -- something must be dang special on his phone.




Mister wants to get some pictures outside and I'm protesting but now, I'm oh so thankful that he kept at us all.  These are so special to me.



Gathering at the pub for dinner is the plan for the evening.  The gangs almost all here (Zach couldn't make it and Brock is out of town hunting) but the rest who are in town join in.  We arrive just a bit early but our table is ready for us.  Living in a small town -- it doesn't have a pre-made sign, just this.  I love it so much.  Denise is my sister, in case you are wondering.

My desire to be around family more is growing with each moment that we are here.  What to do, what to do.


Mister makes sure that Jen is sang to for her birthday and gets a small cake as well.  He's just that kind of guy.


Happy Birthday sweetheart!


As we are leaving --- selfie fun.



And the locals are out and about once again.  This time it's right in town.  So fun as long as ya see them in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment