Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving in Abilene

Mister was able to get off work around 2 and we left town immediately.  It STILL took us 2 hours to get to Weatherford.  Traffic was just not fun at all.

Now, we have open roads and are on the way to Abilene at a bit quicker pace.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we are spending it with Jen and family.  Since a drive there early in the morning didn't seem that appealing, tonight we are able to watch the sunset and get a good night's sleep - we hope.  Just joking, I'm sure we'll sleep grand.




Dinner awaits and then we are off to see Crimes of Grindervald.  Woohoo --- I have been itching to get to the theater for this one.  It does not disappoint.  So many questions, but not disappointment.  We are definitely left hanging for the next movie.  Now, let's get some sleep. 

Good morning!  Happy Thanksgiving to all!  It's nice to be with family today and we are moving slowly and just enjoying the day.  Once breakfast is behind us, family games take center stage and we play Balderdash and Beat the Parents.  I am so not on today and fail miserably at both, but have a great time doing so.

Mister and Jen work on the turkey and soon the aroma is making my tummy growl.  I'm ready for some yummy food.


It's time to enjoy the turkey and all the fixings. 






Time is taken to say what we are individually thankful for and after the year my sweet Mister and I have had -- health is at the top of our list.  Having family around makes everything just perfect.  The meal is delicious and I am just so content.  Relaxation is in order for the evening, some of us have an early trip tomorrow.  I hope your holiday was just as nice as ours --- love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment