Saturday, November 24, 2018

Red Gap Brewing

On the way home from Abilene, Mister made a stop in Cisco, TX so that I could check out a local quilt shop. If you're even remotely interested in that, here's the LINK to the separate post.  At any rate, the shop is wonderful and we also spent some time walking down the main street to see all that it has to offer.  We even discovered the first Hilton Hotel is here and still standing.  Pretty cool although it is not any longer a hotel.



As we get back to the car and start to drive towards the interstate again, I spot Red Gap Brewing Company and, well, we park again about 1 block from where we were before.  Let's check it out.




It's a great old building and apparently the ONLY place in town to get a drink of any kind.  With that said, it definitely fills up while we are here.  The beer is excellent!  The building is fun.  We will definitely stop back on our next trip through.

I neglected to get pictures of what we had to drink, but I had the Mocha Pecan Porter and it was good, but a bit strong for this early in the day.  My second one was a step away for me -- the SlowPoke Coffee Lager and it was wonderful.  I'm so not a lager fan, but I'll order this again and if I can find it in cans locally, well it'll come home with me too.

Mister enjoyed the Big Dam Porter (wonderful! as I got to taste it too) and Other Brother Darryl, an excellent IPA.  Truly --- we will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment