Sunday, April 3, 2016

Deep Ellum Art Festival

Yay!!!  Let the art festival season begin.  I do so love these and hope to be in town for several this year.  Today, we are off to Deep Ellum to enjoy as much eye candy as possible.  The best part of eye candy?  No calories.  What shall we find today?

It's a beautiful day and many others have had the same idea as us.  For me, this only adds to the fun atmosphere.  We start the path up and down the tents, looking for something that we just can't go home without.



One of the booths catches my eye as it has vintage machines being used to display the product.  What a great idea and while I would rather see these machines actually sewing, this is much better than a landfill somewhere.

Okay -- moving on.

 Well, we knew it would happen.  We find a booth that stops us in our tracks.   We meet the couple running it and talk for quite awhile about how this all came about.  I am thrilled with what they are offering and Mister says to pick out an early birthday present.  Please read the sign to the left and you will see the magic of the story.

I also spot this bag shop but my thoughts here go more towards:  Can I figure out how to make one of these?  I may give it a try in the near future.

A trip to Deep Ellum is not complete without a lunch stop at Monkey King.  Ah, I have missed this so much.  It's a treat for the tastebuds as well as a kick to the system that allows us to keep going.  Thank you, Mister, for another wonderful day together making memories and sharing our life.  I simply do not wish to spend the rest of my life with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment