Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Day in the Kitchen

I have decided that today is a kitchen day.  I've also decided that I need more of these.  I LOVE to cook and have not done it near enough lately.  I think there is a New Year's resolution in the works here.  Perhaps with an early start even.

Prepping for Thanksgiving is always enjoyable to me and today I have a visitor outside my window who is keeping it extra fun.  He keeps flying at the window as if he wants in and raises up the feathers on the back of his head to me.  Am I that cute?

I even tried opening the door and talking to him, but he doesn't leave.  I wonder what would happen if I opened the door and left it that way.  Would he come right in?




Now what was I doing?  Oh yeah -- back to work old lady.  After a few hours I have managed to get the rolls rising, drain the fruit for the fruit salad, make pear-lemon and super dark pumpkin pies, along with all the cutting and prepping for the stuffing.  The bacon is fried and crumbled AND I have julienned all the green beans.  Sweet potatoes are cooked and awaiting being sliced and caramelized tomorrow.  There is even a pot of potatoes ready to cook.  Whew.


It's been a great day but I'm done now.  We usually eat light on the night before Thanksgiving so when Mister arrives home from work, his dinner is ready along with a glass of white wine.  Yep, I did good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment