Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Switching out Grands - Day 5 with Jared/Day 1 with Jacob

20th -  I just want to start out this entry by saying, "I am a BAD photographer today."  Ugh.  Mister took the train to work so Jared and I have the car.  Woot woot.  We get the laundry done, repack him, and head for the aquarium before starting our drive to meet Jen and switch out for Jacob's stay.  We go straight for the stingrays and stay there for quite awhile.




It is too early to feed, so we go up front to check out the touch tank and other areas.  Jared discovers the sea urchin and thoroughly enjoys feeling it close up around his finger.  We also watch the rock lobsters move about the tank and do a little touchy feeling with the anemones as well.



The clock tells us that we can feed the stingrays now and as a result we make a second trip to visit them.  Today the treat is shrimp and Jared has 6 to use.  He is loving life right now.


Our time at the aquarium ends and we start the journey towards Abilene.  I am getting an earlier start so that Jen doesn't have to drive as far.  Her day is hectic enough.  Jared and I make a lunch stop at Dairy Queen in Weatherford and where oh where is my camera while I am enjoying a Blizzard.  Drat.  About 45 minutes from Abilene, I meet up with Jen and make the grandchild switch.  It is time to turn this car around and make the drive back.  Jacob promptly falls asleep - hey, he's almost a teenager - and I just drive along.  Pretty soon, I am entering downtown Dallas and give Mister a call to see where he is along the train route.  He is just nearing downtown as well so we meet up and go find some dinner together.  Turns out to be a sandwich at Jimmy's Food Store.  It works.  Time to go home and I am one tired girl from all the driving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment