Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cass and Scott in Dallas - Saying Good-Bye for Awhile

Ah -- a sad but fun day.  It is always hard to say good-bye, but it seems even harder when distance is involved.  I became pretty used to having Cass and Scott around and now it seems a little lonely around the house.  However, today they are back!  We picked them up last night at the airport and after a good night's sleep -- they are off and running to get everything organized and move their belongings up to Utah.

After a full day, we met back together for dinner at Babe's.  Scott's father, P.A., and his brother, Alan, are also in town to help.  The time at dinner is nice and full of conversation and a little dancing?  I don't know how it all happened, but the owner pulled me aside to do the hokey pokey with him.  The funny part is that we had just told P.A. and Alan about how they do this here and then dang, here I am.



Thanks to the waitress, we have a shot of everyone together.


After dinner, I am off to the house to rest.  It's one of those hip days.  Mister goes along with everyone to start loading the truck.  Yes, it is 10:00 at night.  They arrive back at the house around 2:00 a.m. and still have to load the trailer and the Landcruiser.  Then, P.A. and Alan are off to drive the truck to Utah and the four of us crash for some much needed sleep.

It is all quiet at the house in the morning but I am up around 8 and quietly sitting in the living room crocheting when Cass lets me know that the flights are closing up and they are going to try an earlier flight.  Well, alrighty then.  Everyone moves quick (I go and wake Mister to see if he wants to go along and he does) and we leave for the airport 20 minutes later.  A quick good-bye out front and I ask Mister to take a picture of Cass and I.  I don't have many of me with my girls and she has a baby bump -- I definitely need this one.  Be safe you guys and we will miss you tons.  Please come and visit often.

No comments:

Post a Comment