Friday, April 11, 2014

Oh The Blooms at the Arboretum

Our spring continues and I want to enjoy each day of it.  As I said before, we are allowed into the Arboretum early with our membership.  Let's go for a walk and see what is blooming today.  We do as before and walk for about an hour before retracing our steps for some photography.  However, I cheat once with my phone and snap this picture of Mister looking at the columbine -- he does love that flower.  The gardens are so peaceful at this time of day and we pretty much have them to ourselves as it is kind of a cloudy day out.  I am loving it.
Now for the pictures:  When we first arrive, I immediately notice that the azaleas are in full bloom.  Oh my, for all the times we have been here, this is one piece of eye candy that I have not tasted before.  It is incredible.  I hop up on a bench to get some extra height before snapping this picture.  Isn't it beautiful?  All the colors are so intense.


Now for Mister's pics.  Yep, you can always tell the difference.





The Japanese Maples are also all leafed out and their color is incredible as well.  We take a stroll through them and enjoy the setting.  As I round a corner, I meet a friend enjoying the morning as well.





Crepe Myrtles standing so majestically - it is not their time yet.  I love the bark (or lack thereof) on the trunks.  The knuckles give added interest although Mister thinks they look like tumors.  These are caused by improper pruning and happened many years ago.


From where I am in the trees, I can see Mister over at the test gardens.


And he can see me in the trees -- too funny.


Well, I started this post with Mister's love of columbine and will end the same way as he has found more of it in the test garden and that is our last stop today.



What a nice morning.  Thanks for sharing our walk with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment