Saturday, April 26, 2014

Artscape at the Arboretum (And Some Flowers Too!)

We had planned on trying to go to Artscape at the Arboretum last night, but I got so caught up in the quilt I was working on that we ran out of time.  As a result, we are up and off to the gardens early this morning.  That's okay though - and maybe even better as I love to be here before everyone else and enjoy the peaceful beauty.  It rejuvenates me.

As we are walking, we once again find trails that we have not been on and do some exploring.  The beautiful azaleas of a few weeks ago are about finished and the main areas are filled in with green.  The trees have leafed out and new plants have not bloomed yet.

The test gardens are full of new surprises though -- here are a few:

Snapdragons in awesome color combinations


Gorgeous roses (actually the roses are blooming all over the gardens)


An incredible variety of flowers, vegetables, and herbs in the container area


And petunias that never end hanging above everything.  Do you see the mockingbird?  As we stand here he goes through his entire repertoire for us.  I am surprised at how many of the calls I recognize just from my mornings listening to the birds while I work.  He knows we are standing here and yet continues his performance.  So fun.


The art show has opened and it's time to put the camera away and enjoy the creativity of others.  What a nice morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment