Saturday, October 7, 2023

Out and About - Cottonwood Art Festival

 Weekends are for wandering --- I mentioned to Mister that Cottonwood Art Festival starts today and within half an hour, we are out and heading that direction.  We didn't even stop for coffee (a mistake we find out later, but . . . ) and are there before the crowds.  It's a gorgeous day.





We DO find coffee after a bit, but no breakfast of any kind and have to settle for a funnel cake.  LOL.  We find a table, settle in, and listen to some music.  We "think" it is Chant Duplantier, but are not 100 per cent sure.


Onto the art and I try to be very respectful and not photograph the booths or projects, but every now and then I see something I just want to share with the gang.  Check out this painting.  I had a lot of fun trying to name as many blocks as I could.


Don Tran makes paintings out of silk thread --- ALL BY HAND -- and they are crazy beautiful.  I love embroidery and this is a fabulous level.  People didn't know they weren't paintings.


Here is just one example:


Another booth I fell in love with was KaleidEscapes and in this one, Dawn LaGrave takes a photograph and turns it into an absolute work of art.  I so want to learn how to do this.  Perhaps a class is in my future.


Out one purchase for this year is this gorgeous (picture doesn't even begin to show how pretty it is) dish.  All the colors are muted and so pretty.  


That's about it for our day, except for hot fudge sundaes and a cool breeze that sent me to the car.  Mister, on the other hand, finished his in fine form - enjoying the changing of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment