Friday, October 27, 2023

Annual Autumn (Perhaps Winter) Journey to Montana - Week 2

 As the second week begins, we have the opportunity to spend some time with Jill and her littles.  We are off to feed their cows. 



Greyson is along to show us the way.


There they are - 3 up front and one in the back.  All four are located.


These three decide to pretty much pose for me.


First - the hay -- 


Greyson even has some.


Into the feeding trailer it goes.  You can see that the cows are already interessted.



All are hovering - waiting.


The minute Mister and Jill walk away --- one cow goes right up into the trailer.  THIS IS MINE!


Now for the grain - where did they all go?


And just like that - the hay is abandoned.


Mister watches while we do a quick Home Depot commercial.  Hahahaha.


Hey Greyson --- where are ya going?


What a gorgeous day and view.


Caught this through the car window, but the river was CALM and the reflections beautiful.


How about some food and coffee?  I'm game.  Lake Baked is the choice and a raspberry donut with some quiche helps the littles out.


I really AM talking to someone here.


See - she's looking right back at me.



Looking at Uncle --- no fear though, she's great with us.


Back down to the house and flu shot time for Mom.  Jill is a nurse with the County Health Department and is able to do this for her grandmother.  Love it.  


Next event for today -- this dead tree out back is coming down.  I've never watched a tree come down in this manner so I'm all eyes and have taken a seat in a chair out back so that I don't miss a step.  The guy who lives next door does this for a living and Mom asked him to do hers (for a fee).  Up he goes.


They have ran a rope into his backyard and he is attaching carabiners with loops to multiple branches.


Six to eight branches at each run and this is how the tree starts being prepared to fall.


By the time he has repeated the process numerous times, the top is all that is left.



I am thoroughly enjoying watching this.


It comes down into Mom's backyard.


And then he just chunks out the rest of the tree in about 6 foot segments.  It is crazy to watch, but way cool as well.


At this point (1:30), my brother-in-law calls and needs to go into the ER so I'm off to take him there.  By the time I get back home it is almost midnight.  I'm beat, but it was a good night in the big scheme of things.  He has to stay in the hospital a couple of days so I'll pick him up on Monday.  Jill and I made sure Sis got home okay and it is time for some sleep.

22nd - Good Morning!  I am still fighting a cold and all day in the hospital didn't help.  Yay!  Argh. Additionally, when we arrived back home last night, people in the homesites were burning (it's open burn season) and the smoke was staying over the area.  It came in our bedroom window and woke me up.  I think that contributed to my sore throat today.  Medication keeping it at bay for now.  Breakfast at Stage Stop and Jill is able to stop by after picking up her kids in Kalispell.  Fun, family time.


The neighbors is starting to burn all the branches from Mom's tree.  If it wasn't for the smoke, I'd love to watch awhile.  


23rd - Back to the hospital today.  What should have been a quick pick-up turned into a marathon.  Sis stopped at Drug Store and I ran an errand for Mom and they still weren't ready to release Joe.  Another 6 hour journey.  Once back home, I want some dinner and settle in to watch the game.  The Rangers win the AL Championship series and are going to the World Series.  It's been awhile but I'm enjoying the process.

24th - Well, the weather changed.  Yep.  I'm taking Sis and Joe into town to pick as Joe has a doctor's follow-up appointment and they also want to do a little grocery shopping and we have SNOW.  Another 6 hour day and home in time for dinner and medication.  At leas I'm keeping the symptoms in check.  No sharing happening.




It's pretty, though.  

25th -  It's a little chilly today.


I have to drive again today, so my sweet hubby is trying to make it a bit easier for me.


Back into Kalispell today.  Appointments with the doctor for Sis and also with an insurance agent for some Medicare supplement advice.  By the time we are done -- it's dinner once again and some sleep.  I'm really tearing up the turf here with productivity. 

26th -  Home today.  This spotted on Facebook today and I'm living it - so yeah.

27th - The end of week two.  The little buck we saw last week has found a place that looks good enough for him to bed down.  He watches us in the morning as we watch him.


Mom and I make a trip into town.  Penney's and Rosauers are the stops.  Penney's nets me three new sweaters - apparently I'm in the mood to buy clothes.  At Rosauers, the car we park next to has these passengers in the back seat.  Funny.


Dinner is at the A Bar, Montana for some Friday special Fish and Chips.  Yum.  Oh, now you know why the name.  


Skeletons everywhere today.


Dinner was early and we are home in time for Game 1 of the World Series.  Rangers go 11 innings before Garcia ends it with a home run.  That ends week two on a high note.  It's definitely been a week.  So many changes and all for the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment