Monday, February 27, 2023

Dallas Blooms 2023 - Opening Week

 Mister has the day off and this week was the opening of Dallas Blooms at the Arboretum.  We have early entry and are off for a day together.  First stop is at a new to us coffee shop - Ascension.  I say new to us, but really, it's just the location.  All in all --- good coffee but the "system" needs tweaking.  We'll try again.  Now, off to the gardens.  This post will be mostly pictures, with just a few words.  Enjoy the eye candy.  Oh, I was here last week so you can really see the difference in the grounds.  Here is the LINK to that day.




The light on these tulips makes them look like they are glowing.


So, so pretty.




Love, love, love the purple and pink hyacinth.  Busy bees at work and the aroma is amazing.



The most beautiful peach blossoms I've ever seen --- such a dark color.


The artwork in one area can be seen right now --- all the vines are trimmed back.


The first Japanese Maple blooming - or is it just leafing out.  I'm never sure with this one.


Gary Price has new statues all over the gardens.  Last week I only saw a few, this trip I managed to find the rest.  Here is Amelia Earhart.  


Benjamin Franklin - 


Harriet Tubman - 


She is in the Magnolia Glade and the blooms are just starting here.


Albert Einstein - 


Beauty in many ways - 


Flowering Quince - 


The forsythia in the background is just starting.


A few Camelia's sharing their beauty - 


More tulips all aglow.



Mark Twain - 


Mother Theresa - 


My love waiting on the tasting to begin.  He thinks I'm just looking at Facebook on my phone.  Got him.  The background is hazy because we had a huge storm come in from New Mexico last night and it carried a ton of dirt and dust.


As we are walking around the main lawn, Mister notices a little one send a ball flying into the flowers and he's off to find it for them.


Well, hello there.  Thank you for posing so sweetly.


The last sculpture - Ruby Bridges.  I had Joan of Arc in the previous post.


Well, two hours of walking and I'm hungry.  Mister surprises me with a trip to Cane Rosso.  Oh my wonderful goodness.  I truly don't think there is a better pizza on the planet.  With that, a couple of Costco stops and back home to relax for the rest of his day off.  In all fairness, there really isn't much left of it as we've been out quite awhile and the day is almost done.  See ya next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment