Monday, February 20, 2023

Arboretum JUST BEFORE Everything Blooms

 Last week, the Elders (LDS Missionaries) stopped by and as we were heading out the door, we only chatted on the doorstep for a bit.  I mentioned that I would be happy to take them to the Arboretum on the "P" day.  Today is that day.  I am meeting them at 9:30 for a walk through the gardens.  Come along and check out the "pre-Dallas Blooms" pretties with us.  Two weeks from now - it will be amazing.  First stop - memory moments to share the story later.





And we're off.  Things are just starting to bloom.


However, that doesn't stop us from playing with cameras and enjoying the beauty that has poked it's head through the dirt.



We have an interesting sky, not really a sunny day, but it makes for great photos.  They are also setting up some new Gary Price sculptures.  This is Joan of Arc.


Ooooh, some tulips are just starting to say howdy.



Robins.  I do love them.  (not the best pic but holding still didn't seem to be its game plan)


Beautiful koi


AND . . .  baby koi in the grotto.  This is way cool.




More signs of spring - 




Hey there, Mr. Franklin.


Crepe Myrtle burl and beautiful quince.


This Hyacinth smelled FABULOUS and was being actively worked by the bees.  Time to play with the camera.


This is sooooo cool -- little eyes.



I bet you are thinking this is odd for two young men to do, but they are enjoying themselves with some photography of their own.


As we approach the DeGoyler House, they are just starting a tour so we hop in.  I've shared on this house before and you can check out this LINK for a few other pictures if you wish.


The one picture I did take this time is of the bathroom, because it is the same tile as I have in my bathrooms.  So fun, just a different color.  I even have the matching pink tub in my home.  Love it.


One last picture of a sculpture and it's time to go.  It's been fun and I've enjoyed chatting with the Elders.  A promise was made to return in March, while the place is in full bloom.  Be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment