Sunday, December 19, 2021

The Pelicans are BACK!!!!

 After saying good-bye to family, Mister took me on a hunt for the pelicans.  They were last spotted near the dam as we make our way to lunch.  They've left the area BUT check out the number of egrets and herons in the trees and bushes.  You will have to look really close as all I had with me was my phone, but, it's crazy cool.




Trying to change the angle a bit - 



From there, we head over to the spot we used to find the pelicans and strike gold.  Oh my --- there are so many of them and they are so very close.  I snap one picture real quick in case they start to move as we find a spot to sit on the end of the pier.


Looking back at the lake - 


A little closer in - 


And then ----- right in front of me.  Oh my.  Even one in flight.





A flock of birds came through as I was taking pics.



I have two really cool videos but they are both too large to post here.  Drat.  They are on my Facebook page if anyone cares to see.  I even made them public and here is a  LINK that I'm crossing my fingers will take you to it.

The exodus is beginning - so we walk around to another location for a few last peeks.


As I'm walking ahead of Mister, I hear a rustle behind me and suddenly he is Mr. Popular.


And that's it --- as we start to walk away -- they depart as well.  The pelicans are back and I'm thrilled.  This will be a coffee spot for the rest of winter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment